Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Version of Microsoft Windows|
|OS family||Windows NT|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM|
Changes[edit | edit source]
RTM[edit | edit source]
- The Start button was brought back (although it still leads to the Metro start screen).
- Computer is renamed to This PC.
- Clicking the File Explorer icon in the taskbar takes you to This PC instead of Libraries, unlike in Windows 7 and 8. Additionally, Libraries is disabled by default, you can re-enable it by right-click on the navigation pane and choose "Show libraries" or "Show all folders".
- User folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos) added to This PC.
- New customization options for the Start screen.
- Redesigned PC Settings.
- The price of the Windows 8 and 8.1 Media Center Pack changed to US$9.99 until it was discontinued on 30 October 2015.
Update 1 (on non-touch devices)[edit | edit source]
- When you hover over the top of a Metro app, Windows shows a title bar with minimize and close buttons.
- Right-clicking on the Start screen opens up a menu instead of the touch-oriented controls at the bottom.
- You can pin Metro apps to the taskbar.
- A power button has been added next to the search button on the start screen.