Windows Server 2012 R2
|Version of Microsoft Windows|
|OS family||Windows NT|
Editions[edit | edit source]
There are three editions of this operating system: Essentials, Standard and Datacenter. As with Windows Server 2012, the Datacenter and Standard editions are feature identical, varying only based on licensing (particularly licensing of Hyper-V VMs). The Essentials edition has the same features as the Datacenter and Standard products, with some restrictions.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Automated Tiering: Storage Spaces stores most frequently accessed files on fastest physical media.
- Deduplication for VHD: Reduces the storage space for VHD files with largely similar contents by storing the similar contents only once.
- Windows PowerShell v4, which now includes a Desired State Configuration (DSC) feature.
- Web Application Reverse Proxy.
- Integrated Office365 support.
- The return of the Start button.