Windows 8.1 build 9415 (fbl partner out22)
|Build of Windows 8.1|
|Timebomb||2014-01-15 (+235 days)|
Windows 8.1 build 9415 (fbl partner out22) is a build of Windows 8.1. Screenshots of this build in Simplified Chinese were leaked in a BetaArchive topic on June 1, 2013, while the build itself was leaked on February 4, 2020 in the Korean language. An English (US) language pack for this build was leaked on the same day as the build itself. This build brought back the Start button, however, unlike build 9431, it's still invisible and requires a mouse-over in the bottom left corner to get it to appear.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
OOBE[edit | edit source]
This build has a broken OOBE and you may have to make an account manually and skip OOBE by making changes in the registry.
To skip the OOBE and go to the desktop immediately, you can follow these steps:
- 1. After installing, boot from the CD or ISO file instead of booting from the hard drive.
- 2. Press Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt, and then open Registry Editor.
- 3. Load the following hives to the registry: (Generally the system drive is located at D:\)
- 4. Navigate to
HKEY_USERS\SAM\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4and then modify the number "11" in "F" to "10".
- 5. Navigate to
HKEY_USERS\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogonand then modify ""EnableFirstLogonAnimation"" to 0.
- 6. Navigate to
HKEY_USERS\SYSTEM\Setupand then modify these below:
OOBEInProgress = 0
SetupPhase = 0
SetupType = 0
- 7. Unload the hives that you loaded before, and then restart.
- Sometimes the account has a password. Run the
net usercommand to reset the password if it happens.
Security Options[edit | edit source]
Security Options is broken in this build. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del will lead to a black screen.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|