Windows Embedded Compact 2013
|OS family||Windows CE|
|Windows Embedded Compact 7|
Windows Embedded Compact 2013 is the last version of Windows Embedded Compact, released on 13 June 2013.
- Snapshot boot, a feature that works by saving the state of the device to presistent storage and then restoring that state from the snapshot when the device reboots.
- Improved support for data binding.
- HTML Help viewer, to turn on this feature, you have to enable a SYSGEN variable. The selected one in question is SYSGEN_HELP.
- Support for MIPS, SuperH, ARMv5 and ARMv6 has been dropped.
- The Explorer shell as well as Internet Explorer have been removed.
- The Remote Desktop Protocol client has been removed.
- Wordpad has been removed.
- The Luna theme has been removed, leaving only Windows Classic.