Addition to Template Request[edit source]
- I'm not sure if it has been changed yet, but it seems like it's already there. Mrfunnylaughs (talk) 13:46 UTC, 31/05/2020
- I am not adding stub pages to the main page. --Ryuzaki 14:10, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
Image Replacement Request[edit source]
I recommend you change the placeholder image. Here's the image I recommend, since it encourages editing and contribution.
- Well, I think that the current image is better than this one. ToMi (talk) 16:46, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
- Actually I have rather been planning to get rid of the placeholder image. I'll see. --Ryuzaki 17:43, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
New languages for Betawiki[edit source]
Main Page BetaWiki is very interesting and useful, the problem is that it is only in English, there is no version of this wiki in languages other than English, the technological world needs other language versions of BetaWiki, it is very necessary. I always have to be using Google translator to see BetaWiki in Spanish (in my case, the language that I speak) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2800:200:e840:313a:c10f:7193:94a2:91c8 (talk • contribs)
- The main issue with that is finding a sufficient number of bilingual people to maintain such a wiki, I believe. Cosmo (talk) 16:03, 4 June 2020 (UTC)
- I agree. Nowadays many people all over the world play Windows Betas, but many countries don't mainly speak English. We need other languages of BetaWiki.
- I'm glad to see that more Chinese people are interested in Betas, especially primary school students and teenagers. In China there's only a wiki called BetaWorld Wiki written in Simplified Chinese, and it's far from perfect with lots of mistakes. As BetaWiki can be visited without VPN in China, I think a Simplified-Chinese-language version of BetaWiki is important.
- I can help with Simplified Chinese translation.GT610 | Sorry for my poor English! (talk) 01:47, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
- I don't think this is necessary. First, most of pre-release windows builds are in English, making a certain English level a requirement for betas. Then, simply there wasn't enough users in the community that have enough translation skills (machine translation is useless since u can just use ur browser) , and the result would be an incomplete and outdated version that readers need to open the English page for recent changes and news, making it useless. The community is in English only for years and I don't think it necessary to add multilingual support. Thanks. CI611 (talk) 15:20, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
Deletion requests[edit source]
I found some user pages that are requested for deletion:
There are also some pages of builds that are not notable:
- I found a blank page: Windows 8.1 build 9600.17415. Please delete this one. BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 16:51, 11 June 2020 (UTC)
Deletion requests #2[edit source]
I found another pages for deletion (especially user pages and not notable builds):
There are also some fake pictures for deletion:
- Please also delete Windows Vista build 5018 as well. BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 04:57, 19 June 2020 (UTC)
- Also, delete
, as it’s a MOCK-UP, AND THEY CLASSIFY AS FAKE!!!!!!!!!!! 22.214.171.124
Deletion requests #3[edit source]
Date format[edit source]
YYYY-MM-DD format isn't reader-friendly. It may still cause international confusion. Non-technical readers can confuse YYYY-MM-DD as YYYY-DD-MM. It's ugly and cannot be met by "June 27, 2020" or "27 June 2020".
Example: 2012-01-04 would be taken as 1 April 2012 as Europeans might say.
- We already told you on the Discord that there is no such format as YYYY-DD-MM. Anyway, I am open to discussion on this topic, for example it looks quite ugly for months, i.e. 2020-06. --Ryuzaki 14:09, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
- I think we should use the "27 June 2020" format. ToMi (talk | contribs) 14:10, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah I think. ToMi (talk | contribs) 09:10, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- cant it just be made as an option to switch the date format? BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 09:15, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- ISO 8601. The international date format standard. Which is YYYY-MM-DD. Why use anything else? 126.96.36.199 11:57, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- "BetaWiki is for worldwide", hence why we should use *the international standard for date format*. 188.8.131.52 14:01, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
Windows 2005 is getting out of control[edit source]
Windows 2005 created two new accounts: Windows 2006 to put nonsense on other user's talk page, and Windows 2004 to do straight up vandalism, can you admins please block them, as well as the IP range used by Windows 2005: 2601:281:380:20 or something like that BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 02:37, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- There were two more, Windows 2007, and Kool Guy. All four have been blocked. Windows 2005 is pretty much a new MCPillager. Won’t be surprised if they’re the same person. -Meow (talk) 18:31, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
unban request in discord[edit source]
Hey please unban my discord account @Телеканал RU.TV#7974. I yesterday joined chinese user allowed me. 184.108.40.206 02:32, 7 July 2020 (UTC)