Windows Longhorn build 4088
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2005-01-02 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4088 is a Milestone 7 build of the Microsoft Windows Longhorn operating system. Previously, only the Preinstallation Environment for this build had leaked. On 13 January 2015, the BetaArchive member by the name of Daniel uploaded the full version of this build to the aforementioned site's FTP server.
Being near one of the final Longhorn builds, this build tends to take a long time to install and can be unstable. WordPad can now open again in this build.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Partition and format a drive from a previous or later build prior to starting installation.
- Safe mode is broken and displays a BSOD.
- CD and DVD drives appear and behave like local drives.
- When enabling the slideshow sidebar tile,
explorer.exerestarts in a loop. Only fix is to remove the slideshow tile from the registry.
- Help and Support causes an
- Computer Management displays script errors.
- The Windows Classic theme will not function due to a broken
Installation[edit | edit source]
secinit.exe part for setup tends to hang while trying to launch, you can try to open Task Manager on the second Command Prompt window by running
taskmgr and then terminating
secinit.exe to get the hardware setup to load.