Windows Longhorn build 4081
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-10-30 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4081 is a Milestone 7 build of Windows Longhorn. On 2020-01-23, this build was listed in a BetaArchive thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher. This build was released on 2020-01-27 in the fourth set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds along with build 5098.
This build is the first componentized build of Longhorn, meaning many core features from previous builds have been removed. These features were scheduled to be added in subsequent versions of the operating system, leaving what remains the bare minimum to run the system. While more stable than the later componentized builds, installation takes significantly longer than previous builds.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- CD and DVD drives behave like local disks.
- The Windows Classic theme will not function due to a broken
- The folder creation bug from build 4074 is still present in this build.
- Although the Desktop Window Manager is present and can be activated by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9 as in Windows Server 2008 build 4066, it will black screen due to a broken DirectX installation. It can fixed via the instructions listed on the Windows Aero page.
- Safe mode is broken and displays a BSOD.
- WordPad and Outlook Express won't start due to bugs.
- Help and Support results in an
- Device Manager has a bug and as such, you cannot update drivers. You can install drivers by using devcon from the Windows XP DDK, and booting with the "Enable VGA Mode" option in the Advanced Options menu during startup.