Windows Longhorn build 4084
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-11-23 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4084 is a Milestone 7 build of Windows Longhorn. Prior to its leak, only the Preinstallation Environment of this build was available. The full build was leaked to BetaArchive on 16 October 2011.
Microsoft realized that in its current form, Longhorn was not feasible, so many features were removed and were scheduled to be added in subsequent versions of the operating system. This build, along with other builds bearing the 408x branch, are a result of that decision. This build is mostly componented and only includes a few features, running at the bare minimum working configuration. Despite that, installation takes a long time and the build tends to be unstable after installation.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Partition and format a drive from a previous or later build prior to starting installation.
- CD and DVD drives behave like local disks.
- The Windows Classic theme will not function due to a broken
- Safe mode is broken and displays a BSOD.
- WordPad and Outlook Express won't start due to bugs.
- Help and Support results in an