Windows Vista build 5270
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2006-05-31 (+168 days)|
Windows Vista build 5270 is a pre-Beta 2 build of Windows Vista. This build is the official December 2005 Community Technical Preview, released to beta testers on 19 December 2005. It is the last build to include the "Professional Standard, "Professional Standard N" and the "Professional Enterprise" SKUs. They were replaced by build 5308 with the "Business", "Business (N)" and the "Enterprise" SKUs respectively.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
|Home Basic N||CDV26-DG6DG-7DY4J-GHXPR-W8YMT|
|Professional Standard N||KFBH3-BX3DC-9YFWJ-Y9D7V-TPCJY|
Setup[edit | edit source]
Setup is practically similar to aforementioned builds of Vista, however the "Next" button is now much larger. The EULA has also been updated, and the wallpaper of the OOBE is essentially the same aurora wallpaper used in the first 2 stages of setup. Finally, the orb used during the OOBE has been changed with the start button orb, and it is positioned higher. You can even click on the orb, which has the same functionality as the finish button on the bottom-right.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The login screen now uses the aurora wallpaper.
- If using the Starter SKU, the "Windows Starter 2007" watermark will be used instead of "Windows Vista Beta 2".
- This build is the first to have Windows Collaboration to work, which would be known as Windows Meeting Space in later builds.
- This build also renames "Windows Migration Wizard" to "Windows Transfer"
- The User Account Control prompt has been changed once again, now featuring a gradient ribbon and revamped accept/deny buttons.
- The fundamentals drivers wizard has been removed.
- Windows Antispyware has been renamed to Windows Defender.
- Windows Media Center has a new icon and also has received a few more minor changes, such as yet another new wallpaper.
Internet Explorer[edit | edit source]
Internet Explorer 7 has received a few updates. This includes a new toolbar below the tabs section, tabs being slightly smaller, and the icon now changed to resemble that of RTM (asides from the icon in its about section which has a glowing effect on the top-right of its logo).
Aero, taskbar and DWM[edit | edit source]
The taskbar now has a new icon in its quick launch section, which essentially initializes Flip3D, which means it isn't functional without DWM being utilized. The tray on the taskbar also has a new network icon, which can show connectivity and all WiFi ranges. Both the Aero Basic theme and start menu also have more richer looks, and the buttons on Windows with the Aero Basic theme are have more color into them, especially with the close button now always being red.