Windows Vista build 5270
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2006-05-31 (+168 days)|
Windows Vista build 5270 is the official December 2005 Community Technology Preview build of Windows Vista, released to beta testers on 19 December 2005. It is the last build to include the "Professional Standard, "Professional Standard N" and the "Professional Enterprise" SKUs. They were replaced by build 5308 with the "Business", "Business (N)" and the "Enterprise" SKUs respectively.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
|Home Basic N||CDV26-DG6DG-7DY4J-GHXPR-W8YMT|
|Professional Standard N||KFBH3-BX3DC-9YFWJ-Y9D7V-TPCJY|
Setup[edit | edit source]
Setup is practically similar to aforementioned builds of Vista, however the "Next" button is now much larger. The EULA has also been updated, and the wallpaper of the OOBE is essentially the same aurora wallpaper used in the first 2 stages of setup. Finally, the orb used during the OOBE has been changed with the start button orb, and it is positioned higher. You can even click on the orb, which has the same functionality as the finish button on the bottom-right.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The login screen now uses the aurora wallpaper.
- If you're using the Starter SKU, the "Windows Starter 2007" watermark will be used instead of "Windows Vista Beta 2".
- This build is the first to have Windows Collaboration to work, which would be known as Windows Meeting Space in later builds of Vista.
- This build also renames "Windows Migration Wizard" to "Windows Transfer"
- The User Account Control prompt has been changed once again, now featuring a gradient ribbon and revamped accept/deny buttons.
- The Supplemental Driver Pack wizard has been removed.
- Windows Antispyware has been renamed to Windows Defender.
- Windows Media Center has a new icon and also has received a few more minor changes, such as yet another new wallpaper.
- Toolbar has been re-added to Windows Calendar.
- Contacts folder received a new icon.
- Paint, WordPad and Notepad received their RTM icons.
- "Windows®" screensaver is renamed to "logon".
- "Feedback" is renamed to "How to Share Feedback".
- File Explorer toolbar is quite taller.
Windows Media Player 11[edit | edit source]
Windows Media Player has received few updates. "Share Your Library" section is added to Windows Media Player 11 setup. Menu bar now has a black background instead of blue. Playback bar icons are updated.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
Control Panel has received minor updates."Network Connections" has been improved and renamed to "Networks List". Windows Mobility Center, Network Center, Network Map and Windows Firewall (with its in-applet icons) have received their new icons. Security Center also includes the new Windows Firewall icon. "Printers and Faxes" has been renamed to "Printers". Parental Controls now opens inside the Control Panel window rather than in a separate one. Network Center received a minor design refresh.
Internet Explorer[edit | edit source]
Internet Explorer 7 has received a few updates. This includes a new toolbar below the tabs section, tabs being slightly smaller, and the icon now changed to resemble that of RTM (asides from the icon in its about section which has a glowing effect on the top-right of its logo).
Aero, taskbar and DWM[edit | edit source]
The tray on the taskbar has a new network icon, which can show connectivity and all WiFi ranges. Both the Aero Basic theme and start menu also have more richer looks, and the buttons on Windows with the Aero Basic theme are have more color into them, especially with the close button now always being red. The title bar now has a darker color unlike previous builds. Finally, Date and Time tray now uses a new clock picture.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Screensaver Properties[edit | edit source]
- The "logon" screensaver shows up duplicated in Screensaver Properties.
- "scrnsave" screensaver throws up a blank error.