Internet Explorer 7
|Version of Internet Explorer|
|Compatible with||Windows XP SP2+|
Windows Server 2003 SP1+
Windows Server 2008
Internet Explorer 7 is the seventh version of Internet Explorer. It shipped with Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 as the default browser and was also made available for Windows XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003 SP1 and later Windows versions. Internet Explorer 7 discontinued support for Windows 2000, Windows XP Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 RTM and earlier with Microsoft citing required security API improvements that were not available in prior systems. While attempts have been made to get it working in those OS, these have proven unsuccessful so far. This is the last IA-64 version of Internet Explorer designed for Windows Server 2003 (R2) and only available as pre-installed in the IA-64 version of Windows Server 2008, as Internet Explorer 8 is only available as pre-installed in the IA-64 edition of Windows Server 2008 R2.
It is the last version of Internet Explorer to support Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition RTM; the succeeding versions required Windows Server 2003 SP2 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP2 or newer.
Builds[edit | edit source]
- 7.0.5112.0 is the Beta 1 build.
- 7.0.5296.0 is the Beta 2 Preview build.
- 7.0.5335.5 is the Beta 2 Preview Refresh build.
- 7.0.5356.5 is the Beta 2 build.
- 7.0.5450.4 is the Beta 3 build.
- 7.0.5700.6 is the Release Candidate 1 build.
- 7.0.5730.2 is the pre-RTM build for Windows XP and Server 2003.
- 7.0.5730.7 is the pre-RTM build for Windows XP and Server 2003.
- 7.0.5730.11 is the pre-RTM build for Windows XP and Server 2003.
- 7.0.5730.13 is the RTM build for Windows XP and Server 2003.
- 7.0.6000.16386 is the RTM build for Windows Vista and Server 2008.
- 7.0.6001.18000 is the Service Pack 1 build.
- 7.0.6002.18005 is the Service Pack 2 build.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Pre-releases[edit | edit source]
RTM[edit | edit source]
Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP