Windows 10 build 15035
|Build of Windows 10 version 1703|
|Timebomb||2017-05-31 (+111 days)|
Windows 10 build 15035 is a build of Windows 10 Creators Update. It was leaked to BetaArchive on 2019-11-24. This build is currently notable to be the only leaked Windows 10 client build available for ARM (ARMv7) processors.
Applications[edit | edit source]
This build omits certain apps not available for ARM (ARMv7) processors. The only included apps are:
- Alarms & Clock
- Microsoft Edge
- Feedback Hub
- View 3D Preview
- Voice Recorder
Although the included apps are limited there are numerous Microsoft and third party apps still available in addition to updates for the ones listed above which will work on this build without modification and result in a more complete feel to installation.
This build can also support Office 2013 RT which was included with Windows RT 8.1, Windows Update under this build will work to provide any available updates for Office 2013 RT.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This build contains a few notable bugs:
- The User Account Control user interface is broken, leading to issues starting programs requiring administrative privileges. Disabling UAC using the registry is mandatory to run these programs, this can be achieved by applying the registry entry below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
- Cameras will not work even with the appropriate app and drivers installed on Surface RT devices due a missing registry entry, this can be resolved by applying the registry entry below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform] "EnableFrameServerMode"=dword:00000000
- Using Event Viewer or Task Scheduler causes a BSOD error (PANIC_STACK_SWITCH), this only occurs after either one is opened and you attempt to view an entry other than the one selected by default.
- The legacy Windows Defender UI (MSASCui.exe) is not functional and will terminate with a critical error (0x800b0101).
- The background color for windows is gray instead of white.
Compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This build technically does not support NVIDIA Tegra processors, like the ones found in the Surface RT and Surface RT 2. The sdbus driver, responsible for providing an interface layer with the eMMC dropped support for the NVIDIA storage controller during Windows 10 development. You can however replace the driver with the one from Windows RT 8.1 build 9600.16384 to make the build boot on Surface tablets. On the Surface RT 2 (may also apply to Surface RT), using a version of sdbus newer than 9600.16384 will conflict with the nvpep driver causing a BSOD error (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) on boot. Later versions of the Surface RT 2 USB recovery media in particular may contain version 9600.16497 of sdbus driver which will trigger the error.
- This build does not support legacy touch drivers built for Windows 8 RTM. Loading these drivers will cause the OS to register touch inputs in the top left corner of the screen.
- This build does not support the Nokia Lumia 2520 Qualcomm Power Engine Plugin driver. Loading a newer driver for the Snapdragon 800 is mandatory.