Windows 8 build 7997
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2012-03-15 (+316 days)|
Windows 8 build 7997 is a build of Windows 8. This build was leaked on 29 May 2020 in the x64 architecture.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
Redpill[edit | edit source]
This build showcases evolution from the previous build.
- Metro in this build is fairly similar to build 7989.
- The on-taskbar user tile, a feature since build 7791, still exists.
- The two ColorSets present within build 7989 have been expanded to a full set of 24, which could be changed either via the OOBE or from the registry.
- The Applications folder is not available in this build.
- The Immersive Reader now functions properly.
- New transition effects appear when switching from the Start screen to desktop and vice-versa.
- The "VanUI" placeholder was replaced with a functional network charm.
- Lock screen wallpapers make their first appearance in this build.
- It is now possible to use a picture password.
- Lastly, the Start screen tiles now have a gradient style, rather than a flat style.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- To install or run this build in VMware Workstation, you must set the hardware compatibility to versions 8.x or 9.x; otherwise, a partially garbled system crash message will appear upon boot.
- The boot screen has rendering issues when starting setup, showing both the copying files and boot screen at once.
- "Connect" in the charms bar does not work and Windows Explorer will crash after clicking it.
Start screen[edit | edit source]
- Similar to build 7989, you have the option to uninstall the desktop from the Start screen.
- Desktop is referred to as Desktop.Ink on the Start screen.