Windows Vista build 5337
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+359 days)|
Windows Vista build 5337 is an eHome OEM Windows Vista build. The
winver banner has been fixed and the
$OEM$ folder has been moved to a second disc. This build was only leaked in the x64 architecture.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
|Home Basic N||6J8RT-947JQ-XDGV4-4FCTV-QRRXV|
Setup[edit | edit source]
The setup autorun now has the copyright date placed under "system recovery options", the bold text and copyright date are more spaced out, and "release notes and advanced installation instructions" have been changed to "what to know before installing windows". Titles on each page of setup are now also colored in blue rather than grey, and additional text has been added to the clean install button, stating that "this option does not keep your files, settings and programs." Otherwise, the first section of setup is similar to aforementioned builds of Vista.
The hardware portion of setup is now scaled up to 800x600, and the text is now much larger and readable.
Once reaching to the Out-of-Box-Experience, you will notice that it is now resized back down to 800x600. The fonts used in the update selection page are now much more richer.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Paint gets redesigned in this build, looking more like the RTM version.
- It is the first build to use the RTM banner in "winver" but it is only present in the Starter SKU for some odd reason.
- New icons have been introduced yet again, with the network icons now getting closer to resembling that of RTM.
Internet Explorer[edit | edit source]
Not much differences have been introduced, however a new phishing filter has been added. This has 3 different options - sending website addresses to Microsoft, not sending them, or ask me later.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Although this build can partition properly during setup, the partitioning page doesn't refresh properly, requiring you to reboot your system in order to see the new partition.
- Upon manually installing drivers in device manager and selecting the device, there will be three devices that aren't registered properly.