Windows Vista build 5337
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+359 days)|
Windows Vista build 5337 is an eHome OEM build of Windows Vista, which was shared by BetaArchive user marcoguy on 19 December 2016 only in the x64 architecture. The
winver banner has been fixed and the
$OEM$ folder was moved to a second disc.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
|Home Basic N||6J8RT-947JQ-XDGV4-4FCTV-QRRXV|
Setup[edit | edit source]
The setup autorun now has the copyright date placed under "system recovery options", the bold text and copyright date are more spaced out, and "release notes and advanced installation instructions" have been changed to "What to know before installing Windows". Titles on each page of setup are now also colored in blue rather than grey, and additional text has been added to the clean install button, stating that "this option does not keep your files, settings and programs." Otherwise, the first section of setup is similar to aforementioned builds of Vista.
The hardware portion of setup is now scaled up to 800x600, and the text is now much larger and readable.
Once reaching to the Out-of-Box-Experience, you will notice that it is now resized back down to 800x600. The fonts used in the update selection page are now much more richer.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
User Interface[edit | edit source]
New icons have been introduced yet again, with the network icons now getting closer to resembling that of RTM.
Applications[edit | edit source]
- InkBall has been added to the Games Explorer. The icon was also updated.
- Paint gets redesigned in this build, looking more like the RTM version. It replaced the Windows 95 styled icons and color palettes.
- The redesigned Snipping Tool, first introduced in build 5308, has been added to the Start menu.
- The toolbar in Windows Fax and Scan has been made larger.
- Windows Media Center received minor UI changes.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- Disk Defragmenter has been overhauled to resemble that of the RTM.
- Windows SideShow can now notify when a new gadget has been installed.
- Disk Defragmenter, Power Options, Problem Reports and Solutions, and Memory Diagnostics Tool received new icons.
- Windows Ultimate Extras banner in Windows Update no longer has an Aurora background, it is a blue-green gradient instead.
- Network Center sidebar now has the blue-green gradient background rather than solid green.
- Color Management and Power Options received minor UI changes.
Starter SKU[edit | edit source]
- This is the first build to use the RTM banner in
winverbut it is only present in the Starter SKU for some odd reason.
- This build begins to drop the "Windows Starter 2007" branding for the Starter SKU used since build 5270 and to reuse "Windows Vista Starter".
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
Although this build can partition properly during setup, the partitioning page doesn't refresh properly, requiring you to reboot your system in order to see the new partition.
Device Manager[edit | edit source]
Upon manually installing drivers in Device Manager and selecting the device, there will be three devices that aren't registered properly.
Starter SKU[edit | edit source]
- In Starter SKU, portions of the branding and information in
- The updated
winverbranding still uses the Windows XP gradient bar underneath it, which would even persist in the RTM build with some modifications.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Games Explorer with InkBall