Windows Longhorn build 4083
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-11-12 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4083 is a Milestone 7 build of the Microsoft Windows Longhorn operating system. Originally, only the x64 version of this build leaked. On 1 February 2020, the x86 version of this build was leaked by Grabberslasher, founder of the UX.Unleaked blog.
The x64 version of this build is a test for the use of the Preinstallation Environment under the x64 architecture. The x64 version has no default wallpapers (besides the bitmap backgrounds), which is why there is only solid colors by default. It contains the new tree wallpaper that would be used on subsequent builds.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Many drivers aren't installed by default during the hardware portion of setup and have to be installed manually.
- Safe mode is broken and displays a BSOD.
- The Windows Classic theme will not function due to a broken
- On some computers and virtualizers, the WinPE doesn't support the mouse, so you must use the keyboard to navigate the WinPE.
- Hardware and Devices folder does not open.
- Sounds Control Panel applet is missing.
- Task Scheduler folder from Control Panel shows a nameless folder and generic folder icon.
- The Phone and Modem Options Control Panel applet name is empty.
- The fans will automatically run at max speed.
- WordPad and Outlook Express won't start due to bugs.
- Help and Support does not open. (In the x86 version, it results in
- CD and DVD drives behave like local disks.
- This build can be installed on the current date (if this build's architecture is x64).