Windows 98 build 1400
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows 98|
|Timebomb||1997-06-01 (+97 days)|
Windows 98 build 1400 is a Beta 1 build of Windows 98.
Features[edit | edit source]
- It includes several updates to Windows Setup.
- This build has a show desktop button at the end of the taskbar. This feature was removed by 1423. This feature remained absent for 11 years, until Windows 7 build 6568 reintroduced it, with the same functions as 1400's button along with a new feature called Aero Peek. The Windows 7 reincarnation is still present today (although Aero Peek is disabled by default).
- An "Enable Sound" checkbox at the bottom left corner of Windows Setup is included, however, the functionality is not yet in place.
- The sidebar layout is now used in the second stage of installation, and Setup now performs the final stage of configuration without a reboot.
- Internet Explorer integration is also new in this build, changing some core UI functionality.
- WINVER is labeled as "About Internet Explorer", rather than "About Windows".
- The Start menu banner text has been replaced, now reading "IE4 Preview Release".
Bugs[edit | edit source]
ACPI[edit | edit source]
ACPI support is in very early development and crashes easily. Turn off ACPI or setup can crash during hardware setup with a red screen of death (used in early builds for ACPI errors).