Windows 98 build 1387
|Build of Windows 98|
|Timebomb||1997-06-01 (+116 days)|
Windows 98 build 1387 is a Developer Release build of Windows 98.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Setup[edit | edit source]
- The last phase of the Setup seen in the last build has been split into two parts in the setup sidebar and various cards during the copying files phase now have updated information.
- The sidebar has been updated to include a timer and a fourth step.
- The 15-second restart dialog seen in Windows 98 and Windows Me has been introduced as well.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
Infrared applet has been removed. Also, "Color Management" tab has been added to Display Properties.
Gradient title bars[edit | edit source]
This build is the first to use title bar gradients, but the toggle for it is only displayed if the attributes "Active Title Bar" and "Inactive Title Bar" are selected in Display Properties.
Other changes[edit | edit source]
- "Starting..." boot message has been updated to mention Memphis instead of Windows 95.
- "Suspend" button has been added to Start menu.
- Windows Messaging and Internet News received minor updates.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
ltimesbd.ttffiles are missing in this build’s installation media, making them impossible to install normally without modification.
- The sidebar has a chance to appear empty if Setup is started under Windows 95 or earlier builds of Windows 98. This does not occur if you are doing it in a clean install.
ACPI[edit | edit source]
ACPI support is in very early development and crashes easily. Turn off ACPI or setup can crash during hardware setup (used in early builds for ACPI errors).