Windows 98 build 1423
|Build of Windows 98|
|Timebomb||1998-04-15 (+372 days)|
Windows 98 build 1423 is a build of Windows 98, which was released for WinHEC 1997 in April of that year as a "Developer Release Update".
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Internet Explorer 4 was downgraded to Internet Explorer 3.02. As a result, Outlook Express 4.0 was likewise downgraded back to Internet Mail and News 1.0, and HTML Help has been removed.
- Temporarily removed the Windows Desktop Update and the Show Desktop button on the taskbar. They would later be re-added in build 1525, albeit with the latter feature now located at the Quick Launch bar.
- The removal also caused the File Copy dialog to show the progress again for every file instead of the overall action when copying multiple files.
- Removed the Settings Wizards introduced in build 1410.
- A slightly newer version of ActiveMovie is now included.
- The "Still Image" Control Panel applet has been renamed to "Scanners and Cameras".