Windows 7 build 6568
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2008-05-07 (+56 days)|
Windows 7 build 6568 is a pre-Milestone 2 build of Windows 7. Prior to its leak, dj_cityboy shared some screenshots of this build. It was eventually leaked by Grabberslasher on BetaArchive on 28 January 2020 as an x64 Enterprise SKU VHD.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- There is now an option to show the desktop via a button on the right-hand side of the taskbar. This is the first time the Show Desktop button has appeared on the taskbar ever since Windows 98 build 1415 and Windows 2000 build 1796.1.
- This build by default uses the boot screen from Windows Vista. The aurora one from build 6519 can be seen by enabling "No GUI Boot" in
- It is the first build to have Windows Health, which would later become Action Center in the RTM.
- This build has a new gadgets dropdown menu and the sidebar has been changed.
- The Aero theme has had some changes. The cyan line in the bottom and right borders was recolored to white. The title bar buttons are also slightly larger than the ones of the Aero theme in the previous build.
Superbar[edit | edit source]
To enable the Superbar, open the Registry editor, go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced, create a DWORD value called
EnableCHS, and set its value to
Redpill[edit | edit source]
Paint and Calculator have both received updates. Paint includes multiple new brushes and shapes to add, and the Calculator now has a unit converter, alongside calculator modes for programmer, scientific, and statistics. Aero Peek is now available as well.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- DWM is extremely buggy in this build and will cause rendering issues if using this build on VMware versions 10 and newer. Setting hardware compatibility to 9.x will solve this issue.