Windows 8 build 7927 (fbl_srv_wdacxml)
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2011-07-01 (+137 days)|
Windows 8 build 7927 (fbl_srv_wdacxml) is a build of Windows 8, which was uploaded to BetaArchive on 29 August 2011. This build is notable for including Sysinternals and IDW tools by default, along with a copy of Windows Performance Analyzer.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The copyright year in
winverwas updated from 2010 to 2011. This persisted up to build 8176.
- The desktop wallpaper has been changed to a plain dark green background featuring a wordoku puzzle with the leak warning. This wordoku would eventually be solved to form "Start Me Up".
- Windows Media Player 12 is no longer pinned to the taskbar by default.
- Tabs no longer have rounded edges in Internet Explorer 9.
- MSHelp is now a WinRT-based application.
Redpill[edit | edit source]
The Redlock tool can be used to unlock all of the Redpill levels on this build, including the Start screen.
Compared to the earlier build 7899, the Start screen accents are enabled by default and the rendering issues have been fixed. The start screen clock is now black. Some dialogs have been updated to use WPF material:
- Confirm to run a program (now referred to as Windows SmartScreen): It now displays the message that
This program might harm your computer, with the options to prevent it from running or even to delete it. To run this program, click on "More Information" and then on "Run this program and don't prompt me again (not recommended)".
- Select a program to open a file: The design scheme from Windows XP and later has been dropped.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
The quirk that the last word is cut off in some setup messages has been fixed in this build.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Windows Preinstallation Environment[edit | edit source]
- Due to this build only being leaked in WIM form, the ISO is packed with the Windows Preinstallation Environment from the Windows 7 RTM build.
- As a result of that, the System Reset option does not appear in Windows RE when launching it from the installation media.
- Also, the "Repair your computer" option is missing in the advanced boot options.
Setup[edit | edit source]
At the end of the second stage of clean setup and the third and fourth stages of upgrade setup, the startup sound plays, but will get cut after ¾ due to the following restart of the computer.
Aero[edit | edit source]
This build appears to have a slightly broken Windows Aero theme, with only the top portion of the window frame using the blur effect, leaving the side borders transparent.
System Reserved[edit | edit source]
The System Reserved partition appears in File Explorer for no apparent reason.
System Reset[edit | edit source]
System Reset will say that no valid installation media has been found, even if you have the correct installation media inserted. This is perhaps caused by the quirk with Windows PE listed above.
Bugcheck[edit | edit source]
/BREAK parameter is used in boot without enabling kernel debugging, the new early crash screen is unreadable, leaving random blank spaces. It was fixed in Windows 8 build 8102. It says:
Your cour o rr o o or uo rror o