Windows Vista build 5329
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+371 days)|
Windows Vista build 5329 is an eHome OEM build of Windows Vista, which was shared by BetaArchive user marcoguy on 19 December 2016. Like build 5284, it includes the
$OEM$ folder and thus features the eHome DVD launcher.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
|Home Basic N||6J8RT-947JQ-XDGV4-4FCTV-QRRXV|
Setup[edit | edit source]
Since this is an eHome build, a Media Center DVD Launcher will appear upon booting into setup, giving you the option of running setup manually or installing now from the DVD launcher. An EasyDriver option has also been added within this revision.
Manual setup is similar to that of aforementioned builds of Vista. The "Install now" option has also been changed and will instead directly take the user to the disk partitioning page as opposed to formatting automatically like in build 5284. Choosing the "Install now" option also installs the eHome features.
The text during the hardware portion of setup has been slightly changed, in addition to a new font being used.
The screen resolution during OOBE has been increased to 1024x768px.
Manual setup[edit | edit source]
Install now[edit | edit source]
Hardware portion and OOBE[edit | edit source]
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- A new set of product keys were introduced with this build.
- The boot screen text has been reverted to the one used in build 5308.
- Several new icons have been introduced.
- The gradient color of the UAC prompt ribbon has been changed to orange.
- Windows Movie Maker has an updated playback bar.
- Aurora animation has been added to Windows Explorer's preview pane.
- "System Image" has been removed from Windows Backup.
- "RSS Feeds" gadget has been renamed to "Feed Viewer".
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- Two sublinks have been removed from "System and Maintenance" and "Programs" categories.
- Sync Center has been added to the Network and Internet category.
- File and Printer Sharing has been renamed to Network File and Printer Sharing.
- System applet now uses the blue-green gradient color in its sidebar.
- In "System Properties > Hardware", "Driver Software" has been renamed to "Windows Update Driver Settings" and "System Properties > Hardware" received an overhaul.
Login screen[edit | edit source]
- The position of the Ease of Access button has been moved to the bottom left corner.
- The "Switch User" button has been moved to a location below the password input box.
Welcome Center[edit | edit source]
- The Welcome Center no longer appears upon login.
- Text shadows have been enabled on the computer details section, with several other text elements having received minor size updates.
- "Set Up Devices" link is included again.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Windows Media Center may improperly render certain visual elements.
- The branding in this build is incorrect and thus this build refers to itself as its server counterpart.