Windows 7 build 6469
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2008-04-07 (+188 days)|
Windows 7 build 6469 is a pre-Milestone 1 build of Windows 7. It is currently the earliest leaked build of Windows 7 and was leaked to BetaArchive on 26 April 2011. This is the last build to show the information of the system's RAM on the About Windows applet, which had been present since Windows 1.0.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Taskbar[edit | edit source]
- This build is very similar to the RTM build of Windows Vista, although it contains a hidden boot screen and an early rendition of the Superbar.
- The texture of the regular taskbar from Windows Vista has been slightly altered.
- The Classic Start menu has been completely removed.
Superbar[edit | edit source]
To enable the Superbar, open the Registry editor, go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, create a key called
TaskBand, create a DWORD value called
CanHasSuperbar, and set its value to
"No GUI" boot screen[edit | edit source]
Launch Run in the Start menu, type 'msconfig', click on the "Boot" tab, check the "No GUI Boot" box, and then restart the system.
Windows PowerShell[edit | edit source]
This build comes with Windows PowerShell 1.0 pre-installed.
Disk Defragmenter[edit | edit source]
The option to choose which volumes to defragment has been added back after being removed in Vista's RTM.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- Classic View has been renamed to "All Control Panel Items".
- The final link in Category View now goes to All Control Panel Items rather than to Additional Options like in Vista.
- The left pane for both the category and All Control Panel Items views is now collapsed, and it only contains an icon that when clicked from the latter returns the user to Category View.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
Some copies of this build are not bootable due to a bugcheck with code
People Near Me[edit | edit source]
People Near Me fails to launch with error