Windows 7 build 6469
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2008-04-07 (+188 days)|
Home Basic N
Home Premium N
Windows 7 build 6469 is the earliest available build of Windows 7, which was uploaded to BetaArchive on 26 April 2011. This build is specific in that it was built as a private build, with binary files having the
VS_FF_PRIVATEBUILD flag set in their version information and the builder user name being present in the build tag.
This is the last build to show the information regarding the system's RAM on the About Windows applet, which had been present since Windows 1.0. It is also the last build to have the Windows 2000-era banner in the aforementioned applet.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The kernel version has been changed to 6.1.
Taskbar[edit | edit source]
- The texture of the Aero taskbar from Windows Vista has been slightly changed.
- The Classic Start menu, first seen in Windows 95, has been completely removed and can no longer be enabled. However, its registry value still exists.
- Classic View has been removed, and replaced by the All Control Panel Items view. This new view uses tiles for icons, and features more padding between the icons.
- The final link in Category View now goes to All Control Panel Items rather than to Additional Options like in Vista.
- The left pane for both the category and All Control Panel Items views is now collapsed, and it only contains an icon that when clicked from the latter returns the user to Category View.
[edit | edit source]
Windows PowerShell[edit | edit source]
This build comes with Windows PowerShell 1.0 pre-installed.
Disk Defragmenter[edit | edit source]
The option to choose which volumes to defragment has been added back after being removed in the RTM build of Windows Vista.
Superbar[edit | edit source]
To enable the Superbar, open Registry Editor, go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, create a key called
TaskBand, create a DWORD value called
CanHasSuperbar, and set its value to
"No GUI" boot screen[edit | edit source]
Open System Configuration Utility, click on the "Boot" tab, check the "No GUI Boot" box, and then restart the system.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
In VMware on some machines, you must change the hardware version to 8.x or earlier (and consequently change the CD drive to IDE) or the build will not boot due to a bugcheck with code
People Near Me[edit | edit source]
People Near Me fails to launch with error