Windows 7 build 6469
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2008-04-07 (+188 days)|
Home Basic N
Home Premium N
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
Taskbar[edit | edit source]
- The texture of the Aero taskbar from Windows Vista has been slightly changed.
- The Classic Start menu, first seen in Windows 95, has been completely removed and can no longer be enabled. However, its registry value still exists.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- Classic View has been removed, and replaced by the All Control Panel Items view. This new view uses tiles for icons, and features more padding between the icons.
- The final link in Category View now goes to All Control Panel Items rather than to Additional Options like in Vista.
- The left pane for both the category and All Control Panel Items views is now collapsed, and it only contains an icon that when clicked from the latter returns the user to Category View.
Windows PowerShell[edit | edit source]
This build comes with Windows PowerShell 1.0 pre-installed.
Disk Defragmenter[edit | edit source]
The option to choose which volumes to defragment has been added back after being removed in the RTM build of Windows Vista.
Superbar[edit | edit source]
To enable the Superbar, open Registry Editor, go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, create a key called
TaskBand, create a DWORD value called
CanHasSuperbar, and set its value to
"No GUI" boot screen[edit | edit source]
Open System Configuration Utility, click on the "Boot" tab, check the "No GUI Boot" box, and then restart the system.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
Some copies of this build are not bootable due to a bugcheck with code
People Near Me[edit | edit source]
People Near Me fails to launch with error