Windows Longhorn build 4033 (idx01)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-01-26 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4033 (idx01) is a Milestone 6 build of Windows Longhorn. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was later released in the sixth set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 29 January 2020, alongside Windows Vista build 5487. This build is only available in the IA-64 architecture.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- While the Desktop Composition Engine works in this build, the Desktop Composition Engine does not enable Direct3D shaders due to a bug. Because the Aero Glass borders rely on these shaders to function, it is not possible to enable the borders at this time.
- Search and cut/copy-pasting are broken as it crashes explorer.exe.
- WinFS is not present.
- USB Mass Storage is broken.
- The file saving dialog is broken if explorer.exe is running.
- The TCP/IP stack malfunctions most of the time.
- Windows Product Activation is absent.
Timebomb[edit | edit source]
It is one of the notable Longhorn builds that has a broken timebomb and can be installed on the current date.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Some screenshots here are courtesy of BetaArchive user linuxlove. Note that since the file saving dialog is broken on this build, he had to connect to his IA-64 machine remotely to take screenshots.