Windows Longhorn build 4033 (idx01)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||+180 days after original install date|
Windows Longhorn build 4033 (idx01) is a Milestone 6 build of Windows Longhorn. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was later released in the sixth set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 29 January 2020, alongside Windows Vista build 5487. This build is currently only available in the IA-64 architecture.
This build was compiled in evaluation mode and can be installed on the current date.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Desktop Compositing Engine[edit | edit source]
- While the Desktop Compositing Engine works in this build, the Desktop Compositing Engine does not enable Direct3D shaders due to a bug. Because the DCE window frames rely on these shaders to function, it is not possible to enable them at this time.
File Explorer[edit | edit source]
- Search and cut/copy-pasting are broken as they cause
- WinFS is not present. Thus, applications relying on it, such as Outlook Express will crash upon launching.
- USB Mass Storage is broken.
- The file saving dialog is broken if
TCP/IP bug[edit | edit source]
- The TCP/IP stack malfunctions most of the time.
Windows Product Activation[edit | edit source]
- Windows Product Activation is missing.
Gallery[edit | edit source]