Windows Longhorn build 3713
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2003-11-08 (+360 days)|
Media Center Edition
Tablet PC Edition
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- The Sidebar is now enabled by default.
- Windows Media Player has been updated to version 9.
- This build introduces the new taskbar, which was later used as the default in Milestone 5 and 6 builds. This new taskbar always uses the Plex theme regardless of what theme the user selects.
- The Media Center application has been fixed and can now open, although it still often crashes upon use.
- Download Manager no longer causes the Explorer window to hang when open, but it does not contain any content.
- The question mark now appears at the first page of the OOBE again.
- The Sidebar context menu has been made lighter.
Tablet PC[edit | edit source]
This build is currently the only available pre-reset build that has both the Media Center and Tablet PC components. These components would later be included in the final release of Windows Vista and do not require a separate SKU. The Tablet PC components can be installed from the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. It includes On-Screen Keyboard, Sticky Notes, InkBall, Tablet PC Tutorials, and Windows Journal.
When prompted for the second disc, it should be pointed to the
I386 directory of the installation media.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Windows Journal does not open due to missing inking components.
- Classic View is missing in Control Panel and many applets are missing. Some of the Control Panel applets can be run by running their executable from Run or Command Prompt. However, if the user upgrades from a previous build and Control Panel was on Classic View prior to the installation, then the Control Panel can be viewed in Classic View, but the user then cannot switch back to Category View.
- Deleting the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorerwill revert to the Windows XP tasks pane in Explorer.
- When adjusting the resolution, the sidebar will fail to render properly, and will appear to either show a grey box, or not render at all. Restarting Explorer fixes this issue.
- Avalon throws out errors in MyTVApp.
- When installing this build from the RTM build of Windows XP, setup will ask if the user want to convert the drive to NTFS, even if the drive is already NTFS.
- On some graphics drivers, balloon notifications flicker when over the sidebar.
- Clicking on
Browse for more pictureswhen attempting to apply a new user account picture may return a "Page not found" error.
- DiskPart does not work and will tell the user that
This version of diskpart is not supported on this platform.
- When upgrading from Windows Me, it identifies the OS as "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition during the "Save Upgrade Report" step, despite being an x86 build.
Avalon Trust Manager[edit | edit source]
Windows Trust Manager opens in a larger size by default, and also refers to itself as simply "Windows Application". The overriding "High Risk" text bug has not been fixed.
Desktop Compositing Engine[edit | edit source]
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
Display Properties mentions the Luna theme as the Plex theme.
File differences[edit | edit source]
The following files have been introduced or removed compared to build 3706 Professional:
|migrate.exe||MLS Migrate DLL||9.00.00.2926 built by: lab03_dev(bld4act)|
|mp43dmod.dll||Windows Media MPEG-4 Video Decoder||9.00.00.2720|
|mp4sdmod.dll||Windows Media MPEG-4 S Video Decoder||9.00.00.2720|
|mpvis.dll||Windows Media Player Visualization||9.00.00.2926|
|mscorier.dll||Microsoft .NET Runtime IE resources||1.2.2125.5|
|mscories.dll||Microsoft .NET IE SECURITY REGISTRATION||1.2.2125.5|
|NETFXSBS10.exe||Microsoft .NET Installation Hook||1.2.2125.5|
|sbscmp10.dll||Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0 compatibility||1.2.2125.5|
|sshost.scr||Windows Managed ScreenSaver Host||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|strike.dll||Microsoft NTSD extension for .NET Runtime||1.2.2125.5|
|WcmEdit.exe||Store Editor||1.00.4713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|WcmEngU.dll||WMI Configuration Engine||1.00.4713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpd.dll||XMF Processor||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpddrv.dll||XMF Driver||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpddui.dll||XMF Printer Driver Properties||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wmdband.dll||Windows Media Player||9.00.00.2926|
|wmerror.dll||Windows Media Error Definitions (English)||9.00.00.2926 built by: lab03_dev(bld4act)|
|wmidx.dll||Windows Media Indexer DLL||9.00.00.2926|
|wmp.dll||Windows Media Player Core||9.00.00.2926|
|wmpdxm.dll||Windows Media 6.4 Player Shim||9.00.00.2926|
|wmpns.dll||Windows Media Player Applet Support DLL||9.00.00.2926|
|wmsdmoe2.dll||Corona Windows Media Screen Encoder||9.00.00.2926|
|wmspdmod.dll||Windows Media Speech Decoder||9.00.00.2720|
|wmspdmoe.dll||Windows Media Speech Encoder||9.00.00.2720|
|wmvdmoe2.dll||Windows Media Video Encoder||9.00.00.2720|
|dlimport.exe||Microsoft Windows Media Player Setup Utility||8.00.00.4487|
|mindex.dll||Microsoft Media Index||8.00.00.4487|
|msisam11.dll||Microsoft MSISAM 1.1||4.00.3428.1|
|msuni11.dll||Microsoft Jet Sort Tables||4.00.3428.0|
|rassapi.dll||Windows NT 4.0 Remote Access Administration DLL||6.0.3706.0 (Lab06_N.021029-1731)|
|syncapp.exe||Create a Briefcase||6.0.3706.0 (Lab06_N.021029-1731)|
|wmidx.ocx||Windows Media Indexer OCX||8.00.00.4487|
|wmpstub.exe||Windows Media Player Autoplay Loader||8.00.00.4487|
|wmpvis.dll||Windows Media Player Visualizations||8.00.00.4487|
|wmsdmoe.dll||Windows Media Screen Encoder DMO||8.00.00.4487|
|wmvdmoe.dll||Windows Media Video Encoder DMO||8.00.00.4487|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Interface[edit | edit source]
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Boot screen with Media Center installed
Themes[edit | edit source]
Blue Luna theme