Windows Longhorn build 3713
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2003-11-09 (+361 days)|
Media Center Edition
Tablet PC Edition
New features[edit | edit source]
- The Windows Sidebar is now enabled by default.
- Windows Media Player has been updated to version 9.
- This build introduces the "new taskbar", which was later used as the default one in Milestone 5 and 6. This new taskbar overrides the current theme that the former taskbar had.
- The Media Center application has been fixed and can now open, although it still often crashes upon use.
- Download Manager no longer causes the Explorer window to hang when it is open, but there is no contents when it is opened.
- OOBE now has the question mark animation once again.
- The Sidebar context menu is much more lighter
- Windows Trust Manager is now in a larger size upon opening, and also refers to itself as simply "Windows Application". The overriding text, however, hasn't been fixed.
Tablet PC[edit | edit source]
This build is currently the only leaked pre-reset build that has both the Media Center Edition & the Tablet PC edition components. These combinations would be later seen in Windows Vista in the Ultimate SKU. The Tablet PC components can be installed from the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. It includes the On-Screen Keyboard, Sticky Notes, InkBall, Tablet PC Tutorials, and Windows Journal.
When prompted for the second disc, it should be pointed to the D:\I386 directory of the installation media.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Windows Journal does not open due to missing inking components.
- Classic View is missing in the Control Panel and many applets are missing. Some of the Control Panel applets can be run by running their executable from Run or Command Prompt. However, if the user upgrades from a previous build and its Control Panel was on Classic View prior to the installation, then the Control Panel can be viewed in Classic View, but the user then cannot switch back to Default View.
- If the
WebViewkey is deleted from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, the tasks pane will revert back to a Windows XP-esque task pane allowing the user to switch between classic and default views.
- Upon setting the resolution, the sidebar will fail to render properly, and will appear to either show a grey box, or just not render at all. Restarting Explorer fixes this issue.
- Avalon throws out errors in MyTVApp.
- When performing a new installation from the Windows XP RTM, setup will ask if you want to convert the drive to NTFS, even if the drive is already NTFS.
- On some graphics drivers, the balloon notification flickers when over the sidebar.
- In rare cases, clicking on
Browse for more pictureswhen attempting to apply a new user account picture, may return a page not found error.
Desktop Composition Engine[edit | edit source]
Desktop Composition Engine requires either compatible hardware or VMware Workstation 6.5.x to work (just 6.5x compatibility won't work), otherwise it will result in a black screen that can only be exited by a hard reset.
File differences[edit | edit source]
The following files have been introduced or removed compared to build 3706 Professional:
|migrate.exe||MLS Migrate DLL||9.00.00.2926 built by: lab03_dev(bld4act)|
|mp43dmod.dll||Windows Media MPEG-4 Video Decoder||9.00.00.2720|
|mp4sdmod.dll||Windows Media MPEG-4 S Video Decoder||9.00.00.2720|
|mpvis.dll||Windows Media Player Visualization||9.00.00.2926|
|mscorier.dll||Microsoft .NET Runtime IE resources||1.2.2125.5|
|mscories.dll||Microsoft .NET IE SECURITY REGISTRATION||1.2.2125.5|
|NETFXSBS10.exe||Microsoft .NET Installation Hook||1.2.2125.5|
|sbscmp10.dll||Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0 compatibility||1.2.2125.5|
|sshost.scr||Windows Managed ScreenSaver Host||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|strike.dll||Microsoft NTSD extension for .NET Runtime||1.2.2125.5|
|WcmEdit.exe||Store Editor||1.00.4713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|WcmEngU.dll||WMI Configuration Engine||1.00.4713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpd.dll||XMF Processor||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpddrv.dll||XMF Driver||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wcpddui.dll||XMF Printer Driver Properties||6.0.3713.0 (Lab06_N.021113-1841)|
|wmdband.dll||Windows Media Player||9.00.00.2926|
|wmerror.dll||Windows Media Error Definitions (English)||9.00.00.2926 built by: lab03_dev(bld4act)|
|wmidx.dll||Windows Media Indexer DLL||9.00.00.2926|
|wmp.dll||Windows Media Player Core||9.00.00.2926|
|wmpdxm.dll||Windows Media 6.4 Player Shim||9.00.00.2926|
|wmpns.dll||Windows Media Player Applet Support DLL||9.00.00.2926|
|wmsdmoe2.dll||Corona Windows Media Screen Encoder||9.00.00.2926|
|wmspdmod.dll||Windows Media Speech Decoder||9.00.00.2720|
|wmspdmoe.dll||Windows Media Speech Encoder||9.00.00.2720|
|wmvdmoe2.dll||Windows Media Video Encoder||9.00.00.2720|
|dlimport.exe||Microsoft Windows Media Player Setup Utility||8.00.00.4487|
|mindex.dll||Microsoft Media Index||8.00.00.4487|
|msisam11.dll||Microsoft MSISAM 1.1||4.00.3428.1|
|msuni11.dll||Microsoft Jet Sort Tables||4.00.3428.0|
|rassapi.dll||Windows NT 4.0 Remote Access Administration DLL||6.0.3706.0 (Lab06_N.021029-1731)|
|syncapp.exe||Create a Briefcase||6.0.3706.0 (Lab06_N.021029-1731)|
|wmidx.ocx||Windows Media Indexer OCX||8.00.00.4487|
|wmpstub.exe||Windows Media Player Autoplay Loader||8.00.00.4487|
|wmpvis.dll||Windows Media Player Visualizations||8.00.00.4487|
|wmsdmoe.dll||Windows Media Screen Encoder DMO||8.00.00.4487|
|wmvdmoe.dll||Windows Media Video Encoder DMO||8.00.00.4487|