Windows Longhorn build 3713
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2003-11-09 (+361 days)|
Tablet PC Edition
New features[edit | edit source]
- The Windows Sidebar is now enabled by default.
- Windows Media Player has been updated to version 9.
- This build introduces the "new taskbar", which was later used as the default one in Milestone 5 & 6. This new taskbar overrides the current theme that the former taskbar had.
- The Media Center application has been fixed and can now open, although it still often crashes upon use.
- Download Manager no longer causes the Explorer window to hang when it is open, but there is no contents when it is opened.
Tablet PC[edit | edit source]
This build is currently the only leaked pre-reset build that has both the Media Center Edition & the Tablet PC edition components. These combinations would be later seen in Longhorn Omega-13 (a.k.a. Windows Vista) in the Ultimate SKU. The Tablet PC components can be installed from the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. It includes the On-Screen Keyboard, Sticky Notes, InkBall, Tablet PC tutorials, and Windows Journal.
When prompted for the second disk, it should be pointed to the D:\I386 directory of the installation media.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- Windows Journal does not open due to missing inking components.
- Classic View is missing in the Control Panel and many applets are missing. Some of the Control Panel applets can be run by running their executable from Run or Command Prompt. However, if the user upgrades from a previous build and its Control Panel was on Classic View prior to the installation, then the Control Panel can be viewed in Classic View, but the user then cannot switch back to Default View.