Windows 7 build 6931
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2009-07-01 (+258 days)|
Home Basic N
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build marked the return of the 'Professional' SKU absent since Windows Vista build 5270, however this SKU is still named Business during setup.
- More changes have been made to setup, making it resemble that of the RTM.
- The Windows 7 logo that was first seen in build 6519 has been slightly modified in this build. The Windows flag is much more smaller and the text and font has also been slightly modified. This design would last until build 6936.
- The power and lock buttons in the Start menu have been replaced with a single customizable power button.
- The Superbar has received a facelift, making it very similar to RTM.
- Send Feedback has now returned to window title bars.
- Caption buttons are now sized to resemble that of the RTM.
- Aero Peek has been updated.
- Sticky Notes have been updated to resemble that of RTM.
- A new Magnifier application has been introduced. It features a similar layout to what is seen in the RTM.
- Windows Media Center includes a new setup experience.
- Paint and WordPad received design refreshes, along with new Ribbon options.
- The title font for Purble Place has been updated from Comic Sans to Arial.
- Windows Easy Transfer no longer has the left pane graphic.
- Math Input Panel received its final icon.
- The UAC shield icon has been updated.
- This build re-uses the "Send Feeback" text next to the close button. It was last seen as a "Comments?" text in Windows XP build 2475 and Windows Server 2003 build 3621.
- The driver installation prompt is updated to the RTM one.
Windows Explorer[edit | edit source]
- Sort headers will now show in Details view only.
- The downloads library has been removed.
- Minor visual updates have been made to the command bar.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- "Windows Solution Center" has been renamed to "Action Center".
- Devices, Printers and Troubleshooting, and Recovery received new icons.
- The navigation pane section has been added to Folder Options.
- Credential Manager and Troubleshooting received minor UI adjustments.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Compatibility[edit | edit source]
VMware Workstation[edit | edit source]
It is not recommended to install this build on a disk controller other than LSI Logic as setup will hang during the second phase of installation.
Desktop Window Manager[edit | edit source]
When using this build in modern VMware hypervisors, the Desktop Window Manager may fail to render the Aero environment properly and DWM may become unstable and crash. To enable Aero in this build, install it on a compatible physical machine or use an older version of VMware.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Superbar with Windows Media Player 11