Windows 7 build 6936
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2009-07-01 (+251 days)|
This is the last available build where the Superbar and features like desktop slideshow are not enabled by default, but using BlueBadge/Bluepill they can be enabled. This build is otherwise very similar to build 7000, which is hardly surprising considering both builds occurred during the stabilization phase of Windows 7's development.
This build is one of the last builds to include the placeholder boot screen used while the final version was still in development, although the ellipsis has been removed. It is most probably one of the first builds focused on implementing features for the official beta build that were held back from
winmain in order to minimize the risk of leaks during earlier development phases. Almost all features intended for the Beta were included at this point in development.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Start orb found during startup has been removed.
- Windows DVD Maker and Windows Fax and Scan received minor updates.
- Item layout and padding in "All Control Panel Items" have been adjusted.
- The places bar of the legacy Common File Dialog seems to be enabled by default again.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Compatibility[edit | edit source]
VMware Workstation[edit | edit source]
It is not recommended to install this build on a disk controller other than LSI Logic as setup will hang during the second phase of installation.
[edit | edit source]
- The user picture will be placed incorrectly on the Start menu if the Taskbar is resized.
- When using the Classic or High Contrast themes, the shutdown button uses "System" font.
Timebomb[edit | edit source]
Personalization[edit | edit source]
If this build is installed on the current date, the user is not able to change the themes.
Windows Genuine Advantage[edit | edit source]
SLUI.EXE can hang for extended periods of time at logon.