Windows XP build 2469
|Build of Windows XP|
|Timebomb||2001-11-04 (+180 days)|
Windows XP build 2469 is a post-Beta 2 build of Windows XP, which was released to testers on 12 May 2001.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Redesigned the appearance of setup to resemble the final product, notable changes include switching the branding from Whistler to Windows XP.
- The alternative
AUTOCHKscreen (can be invoked by adding
boot.ini) now uses Windows XP branding, notably with the XP being in orange instead of white in later builds.
- Following icons have been updated to their RTM appearance: Connect to the Internet, Notepad, Windows Update, Activate Windows, System Restore, Device Tray Icon, Network Tray Icon, Phone Dialer and Home Networking Wizard.
- Removed more mentions of Whistler, but references to that codename are still present when booting up, shutting down, and during an upgrade.
- The key to launch Automated System Recovery during text-mode Setup's loading stage has been changed from F5 to F2.
- OOBE now works again and Merlin has been replaced with a Question Mark, but the sounds on the animations aren't final.
- This is the earliest build of Windows XP to include the Windows Welcome Music composed by Stan LePard, also known as
title.wma. The file itself was however introduced in Windows Server 2003 build 2467.
- Some icons were replaced, mostly tray icons.