Windows XP build 2465 (idx01)
|Build of Windows XP|
|Timebomb||2001-10-09 (+180 days)|
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This build now introduces Windows XP branding in
winverand a few other areas, such as the desktop watermark and System Properties, removing the final references to Windows 2000 and Whistler. However, the setup, OOBE, boot screen, and safe to shutdown screen are still branded with the latter name.
- The Home Edition SKU also starts to reference "Home Edition" branding in various places.
- Bliss is now the default wallpaper instead of Red moon desert.
- The Luna theme was updated to look identical to the RTM.
- The Outlook Express 6 splash was updated to match the Luna theme.
- Many new wallpapers were added.
- More Programs on the Start menu was renamed to All Programs.
- The Recycle Bin icon was updated to remove the handles, making it resemble the final version of the operating system.
- Outlook Express is no longer on the desktop or quick launch toolbar.
- The clouds on the login screen were replaced with a spotlight and the Windows logo was moved from the top-right to the center of the screen. In addition, it is no longer seen when the user is logging in.
- The Luna theme is now called "Windows XP" instead of "Whistler".
- The mention of Windows Whistler on the desktop watermark was changed to Windows XP.
- The icons of classic Start menu have been altered to look more resemblant to the RTM. However, the banner is still somewhat different, and the icons of the "Log Off" and "Turn Off" buttons have been reverted to their design seen between build 2223 and build 2296.
- Both icons will change to their RTM appearance if the welcome screen is disabled.
- "Log off" now has O capitalized.
- "Turn off computer" now has O and C capitalized.
- This build also introduces new icons for most of the included applications, like System Restore, Character Map or System Information.
- Balloon tips now have an X on their top right corners.
- The "File a bug report" icon is updated and it looks just like the "Run in Compatibility Mode" icon.
- Several icons have been updated to resemble those found in RTM.
- This build is the first to include "Like Humans Do" by David Byrne in Windows Media Player, replacing Beck Hansen's "Beautiful Way" included in version 7.x, and it replaces the song "Voices" by Intermix used in previous builds.
- Help & Support Center has a blue background instead of the white that was seen in previous build.
- The shine on the start button has been removed.
- Replaced the legacy MIDI files in
%windir%\Mediawith the files
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Broken OOBE[edit | edit source]
When you reach the OOBE on a clean installation, it is broken on the first page. To bypass it, press Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt, run
taskmgr, and then kill the process
msoobe.exe. If you do this, the startup sound will get cut off after about a quarter of a second. However, on an upgrade installation, the OOBE is functional, and is no different from the previous builds.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
- The wallpaper gets changed to