Windows XP build 2465 (idx01)
|Build of Windows XP|
|Timebomb||+180 days after original install date|
Windows XP build 2465 (idx01) is a post-Beta 2 build of Windows XP, which was released to testers on 26 April 2001 and later scene leaked on 22 June 2001.
NFO file[edit | edit source]
This NFO below is republished here for archival purposes only.
=-=-=-=-=-=- Windows XP Build 2465a Full -=-=-=-=-=--=-= CracKer-Supplier: ReaL|sTy Get The Files from Here: ftp://22.214.171.124/I386/WINNTUPG/OEM/NOVELL/NLS/PORTUGUE/.temp/.tagged/.by%20vamp/.for%20pcav/ once there select the folder OS Stuff and there you will see all the Windows Xp Files in the windows xp folder..... after downloading all files extract all files by running the .rar one, after that you will have a .bin archive extract the installation files from the .bin archive by getting Winimage if you already don't have it.. if no.. then get it here: http://www.winimage.com to crack Windows Xp get the crack and serial from the same ftp and read the .doc information for the instructions.!! enjoy!! to enter in this ftp all you have to do is have a good ftp client like Cute Ftp or any other and copy the link i'm giving you. that's all! ;) My Contact Information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ICQ # : 66453452 My Profile: http://mx.profile.yahoo.com/ricardof01 Note: i do this for fun and to help poor people, that can't buy expensive softwares. as you see i like to contribute and help to keep the sharing style alive....i'll hope you'll be able to contribute to help us each other too...any contribution from you will be welcome. thanks! ;-))
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build now introduces Windows XP branding in
winverand a few other areas, such as the desktop watermark and System Properties, removing the final references to Windows 2000 and Whistler. However, the setup, OOBE, boot screen, and safe to shutdown screen are still branded with the latter name.
- The Home Edition SKU also starts to reference "Home Edition" branding in various places (except the watermark on the desktop, as it says Windows XP Personal).
- Bliss is now the default wallpaper instead of Red moon desert.
- The Luna theme was updated to look identical to the RTM.
- The Outlook Express 6 splash was updated to match the Luna theme.
- Many new wallpapers were added.
- More Programs on the Start menu was renamed to All Programs.
- The Recycle Bin icon was updated to remove the handles, making it resemble the RTM build.
- Both Outlook Express and MSN Explorer have been removed from the Quick Launch toolbar.
- The clouds on the login screen were replaced with a spotlight and the Windows logo was moved from the top-right to the center of the screen. In addition, it is no longer seen when the user is logging in.
- The Luna theme is now called "Windows XP" instead of "Whistler".
- The icons of classic Start menu have been altered to more resemble the RTM. However, the banner is still somewhat different, and the icons of the "Log Off" and "Turn Off" buttons have been reverted to their design seen around the time of build 2223.
- Both icons will change to their RTM appearance if the welcome screen is disabled.
- "Log off" now has O capitalized.
- "Turn off computer" now has O and C capitalized.
- Balloon tips now have a close button on their top right corners.
- The "File a bug report" icon is updated and it looks just like the "Run in Compatibility Mode" icon.
- Several icons have been updated to resemble those found in RTM.
- This build is the first to include "Like Humans Do" by David Byrne in Windows Media Player, replacing Beck Hansen's "Beautiful Way" included in version 7.x, and it replaces the song "Voices" by Intermix used in previous builds.
- Help & Support Center has a blue background instead of the white that was seen in previous build.
- The shine on the start button has been removed, making it appear more flat.
- Windows Installer has been updated to version 2.0.
- Windows Media Player got updated again with a new and modern default look.
- Windows Movie Maker has also been slightly updated, and the built-in tour has been removed.
- When launching the shutdown or the logoff prompt, it will now fade the background to gray instead of the button blocks on it over the desktop.
- Replaced the legacy MIDI files in
%windir%\Mediawith the files
- MSN Explorer now can open and connect to the internet fine, but it will not go further than There is a newer version, since the newer version requires Windows XP SP2 and above.
ShellAboutWdialog (used in winver and the various inbuilt apps) has changed the copyright notice to use the copyright symbol character (©) instead of
- In Control Panel, the icon of the Printers and Faxes applet has been fixed and "Gaming Options" was renamed to "Game Controllers".
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Broken OOBE[edit | edit source]
When you reach the OOBE on a clean installation, it is broken on the first page. To bypass it, press ⇧ Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt, run
taskmgr, and then kill the process
msoobe.exe. If you do this, the startup sound will get cut off after about a quarter of a second. However, on an upgrade installation, the OOBE is functional, and is no different from the previous builds.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
The wallpaper may be changed to
Ocean Wave from Windows 2000.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Home Edition SKU[edit | edit source]
Professional SKU[edit | edit source]
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Tour[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Thurrott, Paul. Windows XP: The Road to Gold (Part Three), Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows (via Wayback Machine). 24 August 2001.