Windows 8 build 8400
|Build of Windows 8|
|Architecture||x86, x64, ARM32|
|Timebomb||2013-01-15 (+242 days)|
Windows 8 build 8400 is the official Release Preview build of Windows 8, which was officially released to the general public on 31 May 2012.
An ARM version of this build was showcased on the Channel 9 blog post titled "Developing for Windows on ARM", and was distributed to partners engaging in the Ecosystem Engineering Access Program (EEAP) and additionally released in the form of a set of Repair Content Packages, which are used by
DISM /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to repair an existing Windows installation.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
|ProfessionalWMC (edition upgrade only)||MBFBV-W3DP2-2MVKN-PJCQD-KKTF7|
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The wallpaper first introduced in build 8375 has had its color temperature and saturation slightly adjusted.
- Window transparency no longer extends to the navigation bar in Windows Explorer when the Ribbon UI isn't being utilized.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Aero Lite transparency effects[edit | edit source]
When using the Windows Basic (Aero Lite) visual style, transparency effects can be enabled by means of a bug in the Personalization Control Panel (don't persist if you re-selected the theme created). To do so:
- Right-click the desktop and open up Personalization, then click on the "Window Color" link given at the bottom of the window. Keep the window open.
- Open a separate personalization window and apply the Windows Basic theme.
- Switch to the other personalization window that was opened at the start, uncheck and re-check the "Enable transparency" option and then click on the "Save changes" button. This will cause transparency effects to take effect.
Timebomb[edit | edit source]
Unlike other Windows 8 builds, it contains a broken timebomb and can be installed on the current date.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Out-of-box experience[edit | edit source]
Interface[edit | edit source]
Windows Basic (Aero Lite) visual style with transparency effects by means of a bug in the Personalization Control Panel
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Zander, Jason. Developing for Windows on ARM, Channel 9 Blog. 12 June 2012.
- ↑ WHCK WOA Driver momery test fail, Microsoft Visual Studio. 30 July 2012.
- ↑ https://app.prismdrive.com/drive/s/eYudoXLASPqH04HkZdgHAgDPj0rYyT
- ↑ http://windowsvn.net/threads/25618/ (dead link)