Windows 8 build 8175.5
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2013-01-15 (+370 days)|
Windows 8 build 8175.5 is the official Developer Preview 4 build of Windows 8, which was given to finalists of the Windows 8 First Apps contest and later shared to the public on 28 June 2022.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The setup background color has been changed from grayish blue to dark teal.
- A slider has been added to the OOBE color picker.
- The PC settings application received its final design iteration, making it look identical to the one found within the RTM build. Its application icon would also receive the finalized design seen in later builds of Windows 8.
- This build contains all of the wallpapers used in the official Consumer Preview build (except for the default and Theme2 wallpapers).
- The Internet Explorer and Store tiles in the Start Screen now use a bolder blue color.
- From this build on, the timebomb is tied to a specific date, in this case being 15 January 2013, instead of being extended continuously (build by build).
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Autorun[edit | edit source]
Like in builds 8155 and 8161, the "Install now" text on the autorun is in the System font.
USB 3.0[edit | edit source]
This build appears to have a broken xHCI driver, and therefore will crash during setup if USB 3.0 is enabled. Disabling USB 3.0 for the VM (or from BIOS/UEFI, on real hardware) should fix this problem.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Setup[edit | edit source]
Interface[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Caplan, Rob. Developer License sign in is not working on the VS 2011 BETA build, Microsoft Developer Network. 18 January 2012.
- ↑ Dixon, Ian. Microsoft launch Windows 8 First Apps Contest, The Digital Lifestyle. 7 December 2011.