Windows XP build 2410 (main)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Build of Windows XP|
|Timebomb||2001-06-07 (+181 days)|
Windows XP build 2410 (with a build tag of 2410.main.001208-1937) is a pre-Beta 2 build of Windows XP. Unlike previous builds, it requires a product key.
Changes from build 2296
- Support for VESA BIOS extensions has been introduced in the built-in VGA driver, which enables high color and true color modes without additional drivers as long as a VBE-compatible graphics adapter is present. This also means that the Setup and Safe Mode are running in the highest color depth supported.
- Several applications have been updated, such as Internet Explorer is updated to 6.0 beta 2 (which calls itself 6.0 rather than 5.60 in the about box), Windows Media Player 8 (as included in the RTM) and Windows Messenger 3 and System Restore from Windows ME.
- The "Whistler" wallpaper is set by default.
- The Professional theme has been renamed to Watercolor.
- The Sample Test Visual Style has been added in two variants, which is available in two variants called Chartreuse Mongoose and Blue Lagoon.
- New icons, which would later be shipped with the final version, have been introduced.