Windows Vista build 5342 (winmain idx04)
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+351 days)|
Windows Vista build 5342 (winmain idx04) is the official February CTP Refresh build of Windows Vista, released to beta testers on 24 March 2006.
Setup[edit | edit source]
Setup is mostly similar to aforementioned builds of Vista, asides from the smaller watermark on the setup autorun and this build's watermark no longer displaying. The fonts used on the installation type page is also much richer.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Windows Defender has a new icon.
- Windows Media Player has a slightly more silver color than the previous one which was more black.
- The Windows Sidebar includes a few new items such as Calculator, Minesweeper, number & picture puzzles and a timer.
- The Control Panel layout has slightly changed with new text on the Category view and removed icons from the Classic view.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Although this build can partition properly during setup, the partitioning page doesn't refresh properly, requiring you to reboot your system in order to see the new partition.
Installation[edit | edit source]
Installing the x86 architecture of this build on hypervisors can result in high instability, most likely due to the disk controller. Installing this build on VMware will lead to an "unexpected error" upon booting into setup, while on VirtualBox it will lead to high instability issues, however it is possible to install without any modifications. The Out-of-Box-Experience is also incredibly unstable and can crash quite easily.