Windows NT 4.0 build 1264
|Build of Windows NT 4.0|
Windows NT 4.0 build 1264 is a build of Windows NT 4.0, which was listed on the Fate 051 warez CD. The Workstation edition was uploaded to the BetaArchive FTP server in 2014 by user The Distractor. then the Server edition was later uploaded on 16 January 2019.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This build introduces a new-style login dialog, which replaces the one used in Windows NT 3.51 and below.
- This build is the first to introduce the "System Properties" (
SYSDM.CPL) and the "Accessibility Options" Control Panel applets, as with Windows 95.
- This build introduces Imaging developed by Wang Laboratories, which was later bought by Kodak.
- Microsoft Write has been replaced with WordPad.
- The "Select Components" page of Setup is now fully functional.
- The icon set from Microsoft Plus!, stored in
COOL.DLL, has been introduced.
- The Start menu banner has been updated to resemble the RTM.
- Changed the version number on the boot screen from
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When upgrading from build 1234, you will be asked to overwrite newer files, due to these included in this build have a older version number than the files included in the previous build. This affects BMP, ANI, CUR and Pinball files and happens in the final phase.
- When shutting down the system, sometimes the desktop icons will remain in place.