Windows Longhorn build 4039 (Lab06 n.030824-1954)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-02-20 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4039 (with a build tag of 4039.Lab06 n.030824-1954) is a Milestone 6 build of Windows Longhorn. It is an earlier compile of the better known build 4039 release from 2003-08-27. On 2020-01-23, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released in the second set of 33 other Longhorn builds on 2020-01-25, alongside build 4005 and the Home Edition of build 3790.1232. While even more unstable when compared to its later compile, it is notable for containing many developer apps, including a beta version of Visual Studio and Office 2003.
Features[edit | edit source]
Some of the new features in this build are also shared with this build's later compile. However, here are a list of features exclusive to this compile of the build:
- Notably, there are a lot of developer features preinstalled in this build:
- A full version of Office 2003 build 5329 is included. Prior to this build, only Outlook was leaked.
- Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus is pre-installed as an anti-virus.
- A beta version of Visual Studio 2003 is included. This version of Visual Studio was compiled on 2003-08-06.
- A Hang Reporter tool is installed to report any issues with applications hanging.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Boot times are notably longer than other Longhorn builds due to pre-installed applications. Uninstalling the pre-installed apps, especially the eTrust Antivirus can make the build boot faster.
Installation[edit | edit source]
This build cannot be installed via booting to the CD. To install this build, either use another build's WinPE or upgrade from a previous build.