Windows Longhorn build 4039 (Lab06 n.030824-1954)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-02-20 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4039 (with a build tag of 4039.Lab06_n.030824-1954) is a Milestone 6 build of Windows Longhorn. It is an earlier compile of the better known build 4039 release from 2003-08-27. On 2020-01-23, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released in the second set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 2020-01-25, alongside build 4005 and the Home Edition of build 3790.1232. While even more unstable when compared to its later compile, it is notable for containing many developer apps, including beta versions of Visual Studio and Office 2003.
Features[edit | edit source]
Some of the new features in this build are also shared with this build's later compile. However, here are a list of features exclusive to this compile of the build:
- Notably, there are a lot of developer features preinstalled in this build:
- A full version of Office 2003 build 5329 is included. Prior to this build, only Outlook was leaked.
- Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus is pre-installed as an anti-virus.
- A beta version of Visual Studio 2003 is included. This version of Visual Studio was compiled on 2003-08-06.
- A Hang Reporter tool is installed to report any issues with applications hanging.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Boot times are notably longer than other Longhorn builds due to pre-installed applications. Uninstalling the pre-installed apps, especially the eTrust Antivirus can make the build boot faster.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- This build cannot be installed via booting to the CD. To install this build, either use another build's WinPE or upgrade from a previous build.
- There's a chance of an error which can occur while copying files.