Windows Longhorn build 4038
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-02-09 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4038 is a Milestone 6 build of Windows Longhorn. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP. It was leaked on 30 January 2020 in the seventh set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds, along with its server counterpart.
Features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Desktop Composition Engine now enables Direct3D shaders on capable hardware, thus allowing either the opaque or glass borders to appear.
- The 3D views have been improved in usability when compared to 4033.main. The spinning icons have returned and the 3D views are interactable. However, it is still not possible to use Panorama to open files or folders.
- It is now possible to move an Explorer window by clicking and dragging on free space within the upper navigation pane. In addition, double-clicking empty space on that pane also minimizes the window.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- While this build's Desktop Composition Engine can show the Aero borders, it suffers from rendering glitches that fail to refresh a window's graphical content unless the window is resized.
- The preview pane may not show the common task options.
- This build can't be installed from CD boot as is. You must use the WinPE from a different build, or upgrade from a previous build.