Windows 2000 build 1835
|Build of Windows 2000
|+240 days after original install date
Windows 2000 build 1835 is an Interim Developer's Release build of Windows 2000, which was originally found on 23 June 2015. BetaArchive user ReflectiaX uploaded the full disc on 3 December 2018 to the aforementioned site's FTP server.
It also has the Service Pack string of "RC 0.2", which is consequently displayed in System Properties and
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- It is one of the first builds to change the system crash screen background color to the shade of blue that is seen in later versions of Windows, although with a darker text color.
- Most branding has been changed to identify as Beta 2, though the CD is still labeled as an Interim Developer's Release.
- The desktop shortcut to the Internet Explorer is now labeled as "Internet Explorer" rather than as "Internet".
- This build no longer has the text-mode boot screen and safe to shutdown screen upon adding
/noguibootto the kernel command in
boot.iniand restarting the system.
- The screen is now cleared out in the event of a system crash during startup. This also causes the error text to no longer appear directly on the boot screen.
- A new Phone Dialer application developed by and licensed from ActiveVoice replaced the previous one.
- The Shut Down prompt no longer shows the power options directly, but instead has a drop-down menu with the power options inside of it. If invoked from the security options, it also shows a Windows NT banner.
- The "Data Links" and "Multimedia" applets have been removed, while there is a new shortcut to the "Folder Options" applet.
- The "Sounds" and "System" (
SYSDM.CPL) applets received new icons.
- The "Regional Settings" applet has been renamed to "Regional Options".
- The Add/Remove Programs wizard (listed in Control Panel as "v2") has been removed, while there are more changes to the original applet (
APPWIZ.CPL) to look more like in the official Beta 2:
- The bitmap at the top of the sidebar has been removed.
- The font has been shrunken from 9 to 8px to consist with the rest of the user interface.
- The description on the "Change or Remove Programs" page has been recolored from grey to black.
- The "Windows NT Optional Components" option in the programs list has been removed in favor of using the "Configure Windows" page instead.
- The size and installation date are no longer being displayed for all programs directly. Instead, they will now appear when selecting a program from the list.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Task Manager[edit | edit source]
Task Manager allows the user to terminate critical system processes.
Hibernation[edit | edit source]
The progress bar shown when the system is hibernating does not fill up the entire bar. Instead, a text-mode message will appear in the top left corner stating
State saved, power off the system.