Windows 2000 build 1835
|Build of Windows 2000|
|Timebomb||+240 days after original install date|
Windows 2000 build 1835 is an Interim Developer's Release build of Windows 2000, which was originally found on 23 June 2015. BetaArchive user ReflectiaX uploaded the full disc on 3 December 2018 to the aforementioned site's FTP server.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- It is one of the first builds to change the system crash screen background color to the shade of blue that is seen in later versions of Windows, although with a darker text color.
- Most branding has been changed to identify as Beta 2, though the CD is still labeled as an Interim Developer's Release.
- The desktop shortcut to the Internet Explorer is now labeled as "Internet Explorer" instead of "Internet".
- This build is the last to include the sounds used in Windows 3.1, NT 3.1, NT 3.5x, 95, and NT 4.0, save for the login and logout sounds.
- This build no longer has the text-mode boot screen and safe to shutdown screen upon adding
/noguibootto the kernel command in
boot.iniand restarting the system.
- This build identifies itself as RC 0.2 in System Properties and
- This build's system crash now clears the screen out during startup rather than being displayed on the boot screen.
- The Shut Down prompt no longer shows the power options directly, but instead has a drop-down menu with the power options inside of it. If invoked from the security options, it also shows a Windows NT banner.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- The "Data Links" and "Multimedia" applets have been removed, while there is a new shortcut to the "Folder Options" applet.
- The "Sounds" and "System" (
SYSDM.CPL) applets received new icons.
- The "Regional Settings" applet has been renamed to "Regional Options".
- The Add/Remove Programs wizard (listed in Control Panel as "v2") has been removed, while there are more changes to the original applet (
APPWIZ.CPL) to look more like in the official Beta 2:
- The bitmap on the top of the sidebar has been removed.
- The font has been shrunken from 9 to 8px to consist with the rest of the user interface, which also uses a font size of 8px.
- The description on the "Change or Remove Programs" page has been recolored from grey to black.
- The "Windows NT Optional Components" option in the programs list has been removed in favor of using the "Configure Windows" page instead.
- It no longer shows the size and installation date for all programs directly. Instead, these will now appear when selecting a program from the list.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Task Manager[edit | edit source]
Task Manager allows the user to terminate critical system processes.
Hibernation[edit | edit source]
The progress bar shown when the system is hibernating does not fill up the entire bar. Instead, a text-mode message will appear in the top left corner stating
State saved, power off the system.