|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+343 days)|
Windows Vista build 5355 (vbl_media) is an eHome OEM build of Windows Vista, which was shared by BetaArchive user marcoguy on 19 December 2016.
|Edition / SKU Name
|Home Basic N
- Several login screen elements have been updated, such as the wallpaper and sign-in button.
- Minor changes have been made to the Windows Basic and Aero themes.
- This build uses the final banners in
winver for all SKUs.
- The Run dialog box has been made larger.
- The back and forward buttons have been updated to use their final appearance, unless the user has set the Windows Classic theme, where the preliminary buttons even persisted in Windows 7.
- The preview pane background is now colored as a gradient formed by different shades of blue, just like the RTM.
- The "Favorite Links" text is now displayed in the navigation pane.
- The appearance of sort headers has been updated.
- Layout changes have been made to the command bar.
- The application now refers to itself as Internet Explorer 7+.
- The tab bar's appearance has been updated.
- Many UI elements have been redesigned.
- New options have been added to the toolbar.
- The bottom toolbar has been removed.
- The sidebar banner now has an aurora rather than a Windows logo.
- Category View sublink color is now blue rather than black.
- Date and Time, Network Center, and Welcome Center applets have received new icons.
- New wallpapers and user account pictures have been added.
- Personalization received new icons for Screen Savers and Sound Effects.
- The "Please Wait" screen when switching visual styles has been redesigned.
- Welcome Center's "Get Started with Windows" section now has new and updated links.
- System applet now resembles the RTM style.
- Backup and Restore received a minor overhaul.
- The Security Center system tray icon has been updated.
- On some GPUs, when Desktop Window Manager is enabled, the graphics are only rendered properly on the hardware layer, while the software layer is distorted, which means that attempting to use software capturing methods (such as Print Screen or Snipping Tool) will not produce the screen correctly.
- The WinPE background is missing during setup.
- Partition and format the drive before starting setup, as there is a chance for setup to BSOD while formatting.
- The OOBE might hang, so press ⇧ Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt, run
taskmgr, and then kill the process