Windows Vista build 5355 (vbl_media)
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2007-03-07 (+343 days)|
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU Name||Key|
|Home Basic N||6J8RT-947JQ-XDGV4-4FCTV-QRRXV|
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- New wallpapers and user account pictures have been added.
- Several login screen elements have been updated, such as the wallpaper and sign-in button.
- Minor changes have been made to the Aero theme.
- This build uses the final banners in
winverfor all SKUs.
- The Run dialog box has been made larger.
- Windows Sidebar is now enabled by default. It also received a new icon.
- Windows Defender copyright date has been updated to 2006.
- The welcome document has been added to Windows Fax and Scan.
- Remote Desktop Connection now uses the RTM app banner.
- The help menu has been removed from Windows Media Center.
- Minor icon changes have been made to Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Photo Gallery.
Windows Explorer[edit | edit source]
- The back and forward buttons have been updated to use their final appearance, unless the user has set the Windows Classic theme, where the preliminary buttons even persisted in Windows 7.
- The preview pane background is now colored as a gradient formed by different shades of blue, just like the RTM.
- The "Favorite Links" text is now displayed in the navigation pane.
- The appearance of sort headers have been updated.
- Layout changes have been made to the command bar.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- The sidebar banner now has an aurora rather than a Windows logo.
- Category View sublink color is now blue rather than black.
- Date and Time, Network Center, and Welcome Center applets have received new icons.
- Personalization received new icons for Screen Savers and Sound Effects.
- Welcome Center's "Get Started with Windows" section now has new and updated links.
- System applet now resembles the RTM style.
- Backup and Restore received a minor overhaul.
- Updates to Administrative Tools.
Internet Explorer 7[edit | edit source]
- The application refers to itself as Internet Explorer 7+.
- The tab bar's appearance has been updated.
Windows Calendar[edit | edit source]
- Many UI elements have been redesigned.
- New options have been added to the command bar.
- The bottom toolbar has been removed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Partition and format the drive before starting setup, as there is a chance for setup to BSOD while formatting.
- When you reach the OOBE, it might hang, so press ⇧ Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt, run
taskmgr, and then kill the process