|2011-07-02 (+114 days)
Windows Server 2012 build 7963 is a build of Windows Server 2012, which was uploaded to BetaArchive on 2 July 2015 along with its client counterpart.
|Edition / SKU Name
|Standard + StandardCore
|Enterprise + EnterpriseCore
|Datacenter + DatacenterCore
|ServerWeb + ServerWebCore
- In Shutdown Event Tracker, when the computer shuts down unexpectedly, the user can choose "Stop error" and the description of it is "The computer displayed a blue screen event", though this build doesn't use a blue screen of death, but rather black.
- When disabling DWM, there are two possible outcomes:
- The Search charm without the Applications, Settings, and Files options may appear. To fix this, press Win+C until the Search charm with the options or the Charms bar appears. After the Search charm appears, click on an empty area, or if the Charms bar appears, click on Search, and click on an empty area.
- If you have a Metro application open (like Settings), you won't be able to go to the desktop even if you disable DWM while on the desktop.
- The Start screen may not show or show for a bit while clicking Start. To fix this, restart.
- If you have one user account, the Select User prompt can appear for a bit.
Windows Recovery Environment
Ditto, blue background (can be achieved by pressing the back button and on Server Core SKUs)
Metro Ctrl+Alt+Del prompt
Desktop with DWM disabled and Search charm
Start screen with DWM disabled
Ditto, without Search charm
Pointing at a tile with DWM disabled
Initial Configuration Tasks