Windows Server 2008 build 4031
|Build of Windows Server 2008|
|OS family||Windows NT|
|Timebomb||2004-01-03 (+180 days)|
Windows Server 2008 build 4031 is a pre-reset build of Windows Server 2008. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was later released in the ninth set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 1 February 2020, alongside the main lab compile of 4085, the x86 version of 4083, the main lab compile of this build, its Lab06_n counterpart and build 5520. Unlike build 4028, this build uses the older i386 installation method.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- On some machines and virtualizers, you must format the drive outside of this build's setup, otherwise it will crash with an
Unknown Hard Errorbugcheck.
- This build installs very slowly. To fix this, change the hard drive to IDE and the CD/DVD drive to SCSI.
- This build cannot be upgraded to by normal means.
Upgrade[edit | edit source]
In order to upgrade to this build from build 4028, you must edit
dosnet.inf in the i386 folder to
ProductType = 2. Then you must replace the following files and directories from Windows Server 2003 build 3790 and start
WINNT32.exe with the switch
General[edit | edit source]
- When attempting to launch certain programs, CPU usage will jump to 100% for a few minutes before crashing the program.
- When a program crashes, you will not get the crash report until the next login.
Autorun[edit | edit source]
Under some circumstances, the autorun program may display incorrect text (possibly the text used for dialogs on the OOBE).