Windows Longhorn build 4085 (Lab07 N)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-12-06 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4085 (Lab07_N) is a Milestone 7 build of Windows Longhorn. On 2020-01-23, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was later released in the fifth set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 2020-01-28, alongside build 4050 (idx02).
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Scheduled Tasks folder is named again in the control panel, however it is not functional until build 4086.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- As typical of builds in this build range, it tends to take a long time to install and can be unstable.
- Partition and format a drive from a previous or later build prior to starting installation.
No mouse driver in WinPE[edit | edit source]
On some computers and virtualizers, the WinPE doesn't support the mouse, so you must use the keyboard to navigate the WinPE. This seems to be related to using a PS/2 mouse, as USB mice seems to work fine for the setup.
Timebomb[edit | edit source]
It is one of the notable Longhorn builds that has a broken timebomb and can be installed on the current date.
WordPad[edit | edit source]
WordPad does not start, as it will display with
Failed to create empty document instead.
Outlook Express[edit | edit source]
Outlook Express does not start due to registry errors and certain dependencies on WinFS.
Themes[edit | edit source]
- The Windows Classic theme will not function due to a broken
Explorer[edit | edit source]
- CD and DVD drives behave like local disks.
- Help and Support crashes Explorer.
- Explorer can randomly crash for no reason under normal use, such as adding Sidebar tiles, but this depends on the hardware being used.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- Hardware and Devices folder does not open.
- Phone and Modem Options Control Panel applet name is empty.
- Computer Management displays script errors due to missing registry entries.
Graphics[edit | edit source]
Enable VGA Mode after installing video drivers or the system will result in a blue screen of death with a error code
Windows Product Activation[edit | edit source]
Windows Product Activation is missing.
Safe mode[edit | edit source]
The safe mode is completely broken and results in a blue screen of death.