Windows Longhorn build 4050 (idx02)
|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Timebomb||2004-03-26 (+180 days)|
Windows Longhorn build 4050 (idx02) is a Milestone 7 build of Windows Longhorn. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was later released in the fifth set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 28 January 2020 as a checked/debug build alongside build 4085 (Lab07_N). It is the second publicly available Home Edition pre-reset build of Longhorn.
Setup[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
Login screen[edit | edit source]
- The login screen has changed once again, now featuring just a solid-black background.
- The Windows logo upon logging in now comes up instead of coming down.
ClearType[edit | edit source]
- ClearType is enabled by default again, after being disabled in Lab06_n compile of build 4042. This change would persist up to build 4074.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
- This build uses the older
winverbanner first seen in build 4005 instead of the new one from build 4044, likely because the change did not make into Home Edition at that time.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- This build requires either a debugger or replacing drivers with ones from the non-Check/Debug version of build 4051 due to the large amount of assert errors that prevents setup from installing properly.
- Due to this build being a PDC build like build 4051, this build cannot be normally upgraded from a previous build and can only be clean installed.