Windows 7 build 6941
|Build of Windows 7|
|Timebomb||2009-07-01 (+241 days)|
Windows 7 build 6941 is a pre-beta build of Windows 7. This build was leaked on 2020-01-31 by grabberslasher. Prior to its leak, the build was reviewed by Paul Thurrott, who provided screenshots of it.. However, after the transition to ITPro Today, the article's images became broken, so the screenshots are now currently lost. Thomas Hounsell also uploaded screenshots of the build to OSBetaArchive, which have been preserved below. This build has no major differences compared to build 6931 and 6936.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Superbar is now enabled by default.
- The temporary boot screen has been replaced by a new one that is used in RTM.
- The video performance stage of setup has been updated.
- The Superbar has minor appearance changes, mainly revolving around outlines.
- Areas such as Action Center and Windows Media Center have received updates.
- A selection of regional wallpapers/themes were introduced (Australia, Canada, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States). The United Kingdom and the United States themes consist of wallpapers representing their countries, while the Australia, Canada, and South Africa themes consist of six unrelated placeholder wallpapers, one of which is a duplicate. These themes can be enabled by setting the current location to any of these countries in the Region and Language Control Panel.