BetaWiki is currently under maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please don't move Windows:Vista:5048:winmain_idx02 to the Longhorn namespace. Windows:Longhorn is for pre-reset builds, which 5048 surely isn't. Thanks. --AlphaBeta (talk) 10:43, 27 October 2014 (GMT)
Why did you edit the article just to revert the change a minute later? 22.214.171.124 20:35, 20 May 2015 (BST)
Redstone 3 Timeline issues
Blackcomb is Windows 7
- Yes, Blackcomb eventually became Windows 7. However, the original Blackcomb didn't have much in common with Windows 7 and equating the two is equivalent to calling a person a scientist just because they wanted to study science ages ago. The Whistler-era "Blackcomb" project had much larger ambitions than Windows 7 and many things that we saw during the development of Longhorn (i.e. WinFS), pre-reset or post-reset, were actually originally planned to be included in Blackcomb. Presumably as Vista development went on, Blackcomb eventually became just a synonym for the following Windows version, which turned out to be Windows 7. --AlphaBeta (talk) 05:22, 2 April 2018 (BST)
Safe to shutdown screen
I have a question about Longhorn Post Reset Build. On Post Reset BetaWiki builds page, there is write <<Safe to shutdown screen (group policy only). what I must do to get the safe to shutdown screen on Longhorn Post Reset Builds ?
2A02:C207:3002:8283:0:0:0:1 14:15, 27 August 2018 (BST)
- Firstly, Ovctvct retired so don't contact him. Secondly, you have to open the Group Policy Manager, and find the option to tell the computer not to turn off after shutdown. BF10 (talk) 14:28, 27 August 2018 (BST)
- @BF10 What is the path to get this option ?
2A02:C207:3002:8283:0:0:0:1 14:37, 27 August 2018 (BST)
- That happened back in April, and duplicate files are annoying but as bad as other issues like vandalism. He also never came back after that because he was simply having problems adding the image (which I added myself). Also the username having random letters doesn't always mean it is a bad one. BF10 (talk) 20:16, 21 October 2018 (BST)
- What is this, North Korea? We are never going to block anybody over their username as long as it's appropriate, does not contain swearing and does not flame other person. --AlphaBeta (talk) 22:00, 26 October 2018 (BST)