Please stop replacing my uploads because you call them unclean.
Mine are clean and legit, even if they have modded drivers (they are still drivers), and it's like telling someone who's using the S3 Trio64 on win3.1 to stop using its drivers and use the standard VGA drivers instead. SA1988 (talk) 21:54, 25 October 2018 (BST)
- You also mention the Guidelines in your edits, but you still add the desktop to screenshots when the guidelines state that you must crop screenshots to their windows if they are representing a specific application.--SArAmTaCoJeSUs (talk) 10:26, 26 October 2018 (BST)
- You (SAATCJSU) should use something other than MSPaint or Google Slides to crop your images. I can see the program bar. --LilShootDawg (talk) 13:32, 26 October 2018 (BST)
- I don't ever use paint or slides to edit images, I always use GIMP, I included the black bar at the bottom on purpose because I thought it was part of the window frames, I'm sorry that I got confused about the borders of the windows and I will fix it soon.--SArAmTaCoJeSUs (talk) 16:34, 26 October 2018 (BST)
Windows 1.x screenshots
Hello and welcome to BetaWiki.
I have noticed that you are in the process of replacing CGA screenshots of Windows 1.0 DR5 with HGC ones. While I appreciate your effort, I believe it would be nicer to upload these as new files and then add them alongside the old CGA screenshots to the article's gallery, because the old screenshots do not break any guidelines and they are just as good, even though the CGA has a much lower resolution than the Hercules.
Regarding SA1998's screenshots showing Windows 1.0 Beta with a patched EGA driver, using such drivers certainly isn't forbidden by the Guidelines. In general, screenshots should be as neutral as possible and the screenshot in question is a great example of that.
Why did you upload...
- And it's not "Windows 1.01 DR5" it's "Windows 1.0 DR5" --LilShootDawg (talk) 20:00, 9 November 2018 (GMT)
- It's lossless compression: making an image smaller without quality loss. For example, I convert my files from 24-bit RGB with 8-bit alpha channel to a specific indexed palette. MarioMario456 (talk) 18:13, 10 November 2018 (GMT)