Regarding your recent edits[edit source]
- It means I haven't tried any of them out. I'll possibly install them in PCem later because i'm on my tablet right now. --Longhorn5219 (talk) (contribs) (sandbox) VirusTotal 06:50, 3 August 2018 (BST)
Remember me?[edit source]
Smigzy, I know it's you here. ;) FVW is taken down. There's a lot of stuff happening here.
Oh, let's forget our past disputes, can ya? We need your help here. Chas need help as well, we are friends now.
- well, how did you find me here? --Longhorn5219 (talk) (contribs) (sandbox) VirusTotal 07:15, 26 August 2018 (BST)
- I'm smarter than you know me. It's not that hard. Can you join our discord server? Made by Haystacks, wr can talk there. Btw, EarthlingNAkumi made a backup of FVM with another wiki engine. We can do something with it.
- Oh, the discord link: https://discord.gg/bCDE8H9
- Hope I can see you there :)
Some unleaked screenshots I found on a BA thread[edit source]
Just found some screenshots of unleaked builds on a BA post. Here's the topic: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1864 and here are the screenshots: LINK COMING SOON. --Longhorn5219 (talk) (contribs) (sandbox) VirusTotal 07:26, 26 August 2018 (BST)
Adding builds[edit source]
Please don't add just any build number you find online to the build lists on this wiki. To add a build, please provide at least a somewhat reliable source for it, such as a screenshot, file version, internal MS documents, etc. If you add any more builds with no proper source, they will be removed. --Overdoze (talk) 09:10, 26 August 2018 (BST)
Read the guidelines.[edit source]
- He hasn't edited for four months. Alongside the image was only in the user's Sandbox and not on a real article so it's technically still allowed. BF10 (talk) 23:57, 13 December 2018 (GMT)
Windows Longhorn Build 5219 Download Link?[edit source]
- You again? Google it yourself! LarryTN7722 (talk) 02:47, 15 December 2018 (GMT)
- Naomi2319 I'm not a betaarchive user so please search for yourself. MCpillager (talk) (Sandbox) 10:58, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
-  --Longhorn5219 (talk) (contribs) (sandbox) VirusTotal 11:16, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
- In other words, do not create pages for builds where you do not have a source. Also note build lists is not a source. BF10 (talk) 16:50, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
- Please do not add any unsourced builds as you may be blocked from editing if you do. I have tagged your Nashville build 960 page for deletion. --126.96.36.199 17:22, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
Short articles[edit source]
Please don't create articles with just a single sentence and a category tag without any intentions to extend them later, as they just introduce clutter to the wiki and could be deleted in accordance with the deletion policy. --AlphaBeta (talk) 19:04, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
- Marking your single-sentence articles as stubs does not solve the problem at all. It would be appreciated if you took your time and write at least a simple paragraph that contains more than a dictionary definition. --AlphaBeta (talk) 12:37, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- anyways, https://betawiki.net/wiki/User_talk:Longhorn5219#Regarding_your_recent_edits --MCpillager (talk) (Sandbox) elcomeway otay etawikibay ! 05:30, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
Does April Fools have anything to do with this???? --MCpillager (talk) (Sandbox) elcomeway otay etawikibay ! 08:01, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
- No. --AlphaBeta (talk) 10:18, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
Marking images bad[edit source]
You have been falsely marking some images as a bad image even though they have followed the Guidelines. Do note that an image cannot be marked bad if:
- The build is unreleased or fake.
- If the image isn't in English. Any language is fine, even though English is preferred if available.
- Any image from the TXT portion of upgrade setup in Whistler builds cannot be marked as they cannot have colors higher than 16 during this stage.
- If the image was released from a source prior to its release.
Also, you have apparently resumed creating pages of builds without providing a source or image. Please provide more info as you tend to not touch pages after creating them. BF10 (talk) 22:01, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- IE 1072 & 1170 were found in an previous revision of the Microsoft Plus! page, and 1712.6 was found in the IE4 page (look at the about pic). --MCpillager (talk) (Sandbox) elcomeway otay etawikibay ! 06:24, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
Moving and merging pages[edit source]
Please discuss moving or merging pages either at the community portal or at our Discord server before you carry them out. These actions can be drastic and unexpected if you do them without proper community consensus. Thank you. --188.8.131.52 13:04, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
- ok but i will not do it for pages where they were last contributed 2017-01-01. --MCpillager (talk) (Sandbox) elcomeway otay etawikibay ! 13:08, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
Read the dates.[edit source]
- ,What dates?--MCpillager (talk) (Sandbox) 1004065811 bytes of data 14:19, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
- On talk pages. You added a comment to a 1 year old thread. --LilShootDawg (talk) 10:32, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Builds mentioned in build lists only[edit source]
Please don't create articles such as Windows 10 build 18874 about builds from msbuffet or whatever the wzor website is. We don't cover builds that are solely mentioned in a buildlist. --AlphaBeta (talk) 09:02, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- Its listed as a public leak.--MCpillager (talk) (Sandbox) 1004065811 bytes of data 09:37, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Regarding some orphaned redirects[edit source]
Some redirects such as Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Windows 3.2, Whistler, and Razzle can be kept, as they are official name of released Windows products and they can be used as a fallback feature. Alongside, codename redirects are still kept regardless if they are linked anywhere or not. BF10 (talk) 17:30, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Your block[edit source]
Let me clarify a few things about your block.
- LilShootDawg never had privilege to ban you in the first place. The original 24 hour block was by Overdoze and was further extended by me. It's in the god damn block log.
- Your block was a consequence of countless situtations where you refused to cooperate with the community. The talk page drama was really just the last straw.
- We were pretty moderate with the 24 hour ban. Apparently you didn't appreciate that and instead of minding your own business for a single day you decided to do even more crap. I hope you'll enjoy your 30 day block.
- I am fairly optimistic that none of this would have happened if you had gotten more involved with the community on the Discord.
- 08:55, 23 April 2019 Overdoze (talk | contribs) changed block settings for MCpillager (talk | contribs) with an expiration time of indefinite (account creation disabled, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page) (You could have just stayed away for a single fucking day. You chose the other option. See you next month.) also check your BA Wiki talk page. he has replied there.--184.108.40.206 15:27, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure the other admins are aware I made the block indefinite since I said so in the Discord server. Not sure what the point is of dwelling on this, he chose to be stupid and the results are here. I won't be changing my mind about the block, if some other admin does that's fine with me.--Overdoze (talk) 16:14, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
Teach us how to run a wiki[edit source]
So I just noticed your user page on the Emulation General wiki, where you claim that we are a bunch of idiots and that we don't even know how to run a wiki. Would you therefore be so generous and show us how to run it? Being a wiki sysop yourself, I am sure you are aware that managing a wiki is not an easy job and new ideas are always appreciated in this field. I hope we can work something out.