This page is an archive. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current discussion page.
BetaWiki:Administrators' noticeboard/Archive 3
Addition to Template Request
- I'm not sure if it has been changed yet, but it seems like it's already there. Mrfunnylaughs (talk) 13:46 UTC, 31/05/2020
- I am not adding stub pages to the main page. --Ryuzaki 14:10, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
Image Replacement Request
I recommend you change the placeholder image. Here's the image I recommend, since it encourages editing and contribution.
- Well, I think that the current image is better than this one. ToMi (talk) 16:46, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
- Actually I have rather been planning to get rid of the placeholder image. I'll see. --Ryuzaki 17:43, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
New languages for Betawiki
Main Page BetaWiki is very interesting and useful, the problem is that it is only in English, there is no version of this wiki in languages other than English, the technological world needs other language versions of BetaWiki, it is very necessary. I always have to be using Google translator to see BetaWiki in Spanish (in my case, the language that I speak) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2800:200:e840:313a:c10f:7193:94a2:91c8 (talk • contribs)
- The main issue with that is finding a sufficient number of bilingual people to maintain such a wiki, I believe. Cosmo (talk) 16:03, 4 June 2020 (UTC)
- I agree. Nowadays many people all over the world play Windows Betas, but many countries don't mainly speak English. We need other languages of BetaWiki.
- I'm glad to see that more Chinese people are interested in Betas, especially primary school students and teenagers. In China there's only a wiki called BetaWorld Wiki written in Simplified Chinese, and it's far from perfect with lots of mistakes. As BetaWiki can be visited without VPN in China, I think a Simplified-Chinese-language version of BetaWiki is important.
- I can help with Simplified Chinese translation.GT610 | Sorry for my poor English! (talk) 01:47, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
- First of all, I am not in Primary school, second, I am in Hong Kong, not Mainland. (talk) 20:13, 19 Sep 2020 (HKT)
- I'm not aiming at you. What I said is a common appearance. It seemed that it's a misunderstanding. GT610 | Sorry for my poor English! (talk) 01:13, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- I don't think this is necessary. First, most of pre-release windows builds are in English, making a certain English level a requirement for betas. Then, simply there wasn't enough users in the community that have enough translation skills (machine translation is useless since u can just use ur browser) , and the result would be an incomplete and outdated version that readers need to open the English page for recent changes and news, making it useless. The community is in English only for years and I don't think it necessary to add multilingual support. Thanks. CI611 (talk) 15:20, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
I found some user pages that are requested for deletion:
There are also some pages of builds that are not notable:
- I found a blank page: Windows 8.1 build 9600.17415. Please delete this one. BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 16:51, 11 June 2020 (UTC)
Deletion requests #2
I found another pages for deletion (especially user pages and not notable builds):
There are also some fake pictures for deletion:
- Please also delete Windows Vista build 5018 as well. BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 04:57, 19 June 2020 (UTC)
- Also, delete
, as it’s a MOCK-UP, AND THEY CLASSIFY AS FAKE!!!!!!!!!!! 22.214.171.124
Deletion requests #3
YYYY-MM-DD format isn't reader-friendly. It may still cause international confusion. Non-technical readers can confuse YYYY-MM-DD as YYYY-DD-MM. It's ugly and cannot be met by "June 27, 2020" or "27 June 2020".
Example: 2012-01-04 would be taken as 1 April 2012 as Europeans might say.
- We already told you on the Discord that there is no such format as YYYY-DD-MM. Anyway, I am open to discussion on this topic, for example it looks quite ugly for months, i.e. 2020-06. --Ryuzaki 14:09, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
- I think we should use the "27 June 2020" format. ToMi (talk | contribs) 14:10, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah I think. ToMi (talk | contribs) 09:10, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- cant it just be made as an option to switch the date format? BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 09:15, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- ISO 8601. The international date format standard. Which is YYYY-MM-DD. Why use anything else? 126.96.36.199 11:57, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- "BetaWiki is for worldwide", hence why we should use *the international standard for date format*. 188.8.131.52 14:01, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
Windows 2005 is getting out of control
Windows 2005 created two new accounts: Windows 2006 to put nonsense on other user's talk page, and Windows 2004 to do straight up vandalism, can you admins please block them, as well as the IP range used by Windows 2005: 2601:281:380:20 or something like that BenjiMadden7850 (talk) 02:37, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
- There were two more, Windows 2007, and Kool Guy. All four have been blocked. Windows 2005 is pretty much a new MCPillager. Won’t be surprised if they’re the same person. -Meow (talk) 18:31, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
unban request in discord
Hey please unban my discord account @Телеканал RU.TV#7974. I yesterday joined chinese user allowed me. 184.108.40.206 02:32, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
- Nice try, Rain Ocampo. ToMi (talk | contribs) 08:10, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
Another name change request
- You literally had your name changed in April... --Ryuzaki 13:03, 22 August 2020 (UTC)
Changing my username
Hi, I don't like my actual username, so I wish to call now "Rixolino" EL RISOLIX
Change my username
Windows Live Mail is not notable.
The article is like 7 months old yet there hasn't been any articles about it's versions. Plus, it's a forgotten application part of some forgotten suite of applications from the mid-2000s-to-early-2010s. Should it be deleted or should I make articles about it's versions? -PF94 (talk) 01:40, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
Changing my username from EL RISOLIX
Hi. Can you please change my username to RixolinoVM because I don't like actual nickname. EL RISOLIX
I am not able to edit most pages on the wiki, as I am getting an "Error Contacting the Parsoid\RESTBase server (http 500)" since yesterday. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but it is one of the few pages I can edit (also I can edit my talk page). Googling says it is related to the VisualEditor (but even editing source doesn't work). Please investigate. EDIT: Editing source on desktop works only, but mobile edits don't work as well as the VisualEditor. --ATeamInc (talk) 11:51, 11 March 2021 (UTC)
change my name (again)
delete my user and talk page
Hi. I am going to leave this wiki, can one of you admins please delete my user and talk pages for me as i cant do it myself. Norman - quitting. dont ask why. 08:11, 28 March 2021 (UTC)