Jump to navigation Jump to search
Add a blocker
- How do you add this string? Arkan9 (talk) 09:40, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- I believe you might have misunderstood the function of these magic words.
__NOEDITSECTION__only disables the small edit links next to headings, but the main edit button on the top is still functional and can't be disabled by some keywords in the article text.
__NOTOC__disables the gray table of contents, which has nothing to do with other people editing your page. I guess you noticed that they are used on the main page, but that's for aesthetic reasons - the layout would most likely be broken. The reason why you can't edit the main page are not the magic words, but the fact it's protected. Also, as BF10 said, there are edit filters in place that block attempts to edit other users' pages, so this is not even necessary. Don't be fooled by the edit button on the top - editing still works, but the changes won't be able to be saved. --Ryuzaki (talk) 13:14, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, thank you very much for clarifying. Arkan9 (talk) 13:22, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, maybe i'll delete this. --DrakonchikUA (talk) 08:22, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- By the way, as of 2019-04-30, IP users are no longer allowed to create or edit any user pages. --188.8.131.52 17:59, 1 June 2019 (UTC)