Windows Vista build 5000 (vbl_core.040803-2000)
|Build of Windows Vista|
|Timebomb||2005-07-29 (+360 days)|
Windows Vista build 5000 (vbl_core.040803-2000) is the earliest known post-reset build of Windows Vista, based on a work-in-progress version of the Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 codebase. On 23 January 2020, this build was listed on a thread by UX.Unleaked blog founder Grabberslasher to be released to the BetaArchive FTP, and was released in the third set of his 33 Longhorn/Vista builds on 26 January 2020, alongside build 4048, other compiles of this build, and build 5001.
Changes[edit | edit source]
winverand About Program banners in the Professional SKU now has the "XP" changed to "lh".
- A "Longhorn Help Place" button has been added to the Help and Support Center. When invoked, HelpCtr will attempt to launch
c:/windows/hsx/helpplace.container, which does not exist in this build but does exist in some Longhorn pre-reset M6 builds, such as 4033.
- The background of the User Accounts Control Panel applet has been changed from blue to gray. Gray is used as the overall color in Windows Server 2003.
- Support for the Multilingual User Interface (MUI) feature has been implemented; although it is not functional as the resources located in the MUI are duplicated in the actual file.
- The rewritten Event Tracing for Windows architecture already appears to be implemented in this build to an extent.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
OOBE[edit | edit source]
The animated "Question Mark" assistant in the Out-of-box experience (OOBE) does not appear until reaching the second page. This is maybe due to bugs in the Microsoft Agent technology itself.
Windows Media Player[edit | edit source]
- The visualizations in Windows Media Player are broken, and other compiles of build 5000 and build 5001 also have this bug.
- Alchemy visualization in Windows Media Player won't appear unless the user runs
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mpvis.dll".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
System Properties and