Windows 8 build 8148
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2012-10-01 (+333 days)|
Windows 8 build 8148 is a build of Windows 8 originally uploaded to BetaArchive on 17 May 2015 in the x86 and x64 architectures with other versions of this build, such as its server counterpart, being shared since then. This build has also been shared in multiple languages, such as Simplified Chinese, English, French, German and Japanese.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike build 8140, which used the "Windows 8 Beta" branding in System Properties and
winver, the branding has been reverted back to "Windows Developer Preview" in those areas.
- New wallpapers and themes have been added.
- The Start screen wallpaper can now be customized.
- The Immersive Control Panel has been renamed to System Settings.
- Metro apps can now be closed.
- Store now has a blue tile.
- Windows To Go got its final name.
- Protogon file system was renamed to ReFS.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
English version[edit | edit source]
Simplified Chinese version[edit | edit source]
Desktop and winver