Windows 8 build 8148
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2012-10-01 (+333 days)|
Windows 8 build 8148 is a build of Windows 8 originally uploaded to BetaArchive on 17 May 2015 in the x86 and x64 architectures with other versions of this build, such as its server counterpart, being shared since then. This build has also been shared in multiple languages, such as Simplified Chinese, English, French, German and Japanese.
New features[edit | edit source]
- Unlike build 8140, which used the "Windows 8 Beta" branding in System Properties and
winver, the branding has been reverted back to "Windows Developer Preview" in those areas.
- Metro apps can now be closed.
- A new wallpaper set was added.
- The Metro Control Panel has been renamed to System Settings.
- Two more themes.
- Protogon file system was renamed to ReFS.
- Windows To Go got its final name.
- Some icons are changed.
- Customization options are supported in System Settings (Metro).