Windows 8 build 7875
|Build of Windows 8|
|Timebomb||2011-02-05 (+95 days)|
Windows 8 build 7875 is an interim build of Windows 8. Eight screenshots of this build were included with the original upload of build 7746 on 3 May 2020. The build itself was eventually uploaded on 31 December 2020.
Editions and keys[edit | edit source]
|Edition / SKU||Key|
Setup[edit | edit source]
Setup is mostly similar to the previous available build of Windows 8 albeit with the watermark showing on the bottom-right corner. The Windows branding in the OOBE has been swapped out with a disclaimer stating that the build in question is confidential Microsoft material.
New features and changes[edit | edit source]
- This build contains the first iteration of the new login screen, which can be seen by enabling Redpill features. It enlarges user selection icons and removes the frames. The login screen also now utilizes the active user's desktop background in place of the original Windows 7 logon background.
- Additional categories for files and applications have been added to the Search menu, and the first letters of the topmost search suggestion are now highlighted in blue.
- A new Microsoft Confidential banner has been introduced, both on top of the leak warning and in place of the original
winverbranding from Windows 7. The operating system name has also changed to Microsoft Pre-release Windows Operating System, a change first seen in build 7867.
- The copyright date in
winverhas been updated to 2010. This would persist up to Windows 8 build 7899.
- The Windows Aero visual style has also been changed slightly and now features smaller caption buttons in certain dialogs.
- The ReFS file system (codenamed Protogon) has been introduced in this build.
Bugs and quirks[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- The messages shown when setup is starting, installing or upgrading Windows, restarting the computer or preparing the OOBE are cut off.
- When booting in to OOBE after an upgrade, the system might bugcheck with the code
- This build can't be installed or run on newer versions of VirtualBox, as a bugcheck will occur. This bug persists until build 8176.
Arial[edit | edit source]
This build uses the Arial font for the title bar and watermark because of a typo in
Aero[edit | edit source]
This build appears to have a slightly broken Windows Aero theme, with only the top portion of the window frame using the blur effect, leaving the side borders transparent.
Desktop Window Manager[edit | edit source]
The Windows Basic and the High Contrast themes do not properly render due to the enforcement of the DWM Aero theme.
On-screen keyboard[edit | edit source]
Nearly all keys are pseudo-localized, though they work as usual.